New jerseys - orders are now open.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

New jerseys - orders are now open.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's right, ordering is open for the new BB jerseys. You can choose from:

Classic style cycling jersey in SS, LS or women's fit.
3 rear pockets, full length concealed zip. Advice is to go a size up if you don't want a tight fit.

MTB style jersey in either SS or LS.
2 small hidden zipped pockets and a large zipped rear pocket.

Gilet ... obviously no sleeves.
Solid back with a single zipped rear pocket.

Prices inc postage to the UK.
Orders will close on May 31st and we're expecting delivery mid-July.

Here's the link: https://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/shop ... tops-gilet
May the bridges you burn light your way
Lazarus

Re: New jerseys - orders are now open.

Post by Lazarus »

I relaise i should have just asked in the other thread but what weight are they?
No not looking to shave some grams but is its summer or autumn/spring ?I have assumed its not winter/roubaix
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

No, not heavyweight winter tackle Jon.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Posted to ask inches v sizes but deleted post cos they're in that teeny box on the sales page! Doh. Can see them when enlarged.

Dithering here like someone being offered one caramel wafer now or two wafers tomorrow.

Last time had an M SS cycling jersey but it only just fits over one baselayer. That chances of that attire being appropriate for a ride or event in BBB Land is about nil. I'd like this one to potentially go over base+fleece and even a thin raintop, so mebbe a roomier L SS MTB jersey instead. Possibly an XL gilet. Why over all that clobber? Shallow fashion/belonging statement!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Well I've ordered one now..... dithered last time and missed them so straight in on day one this time!

Browsing as well..... is it right that WRT entries are still open? I know it's an odd year for events but they've usually shut at some point before the event date!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
ootini

Post by ootini »

stu, do you have one in hand? Can you compare sizing to the old style "bear" Jersey?
An XL in the old format turned me to sausages but my Altura XL fits lovely, so just trying to gauge. Thanks
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

is it right that WRT entries are still open? I know it's an odd year for events but they've usually shut at some point before the event date!
That's right Rich - still open as we're hopefully running at the end of Aug. It things were normal, they'd have shut April 1st.
stu, do you have one in hand? Can you compare sizing to the old style "bear" Jersey?
I don't have one sorry but I'm told that sizing of the 'classic' is very similar to the previous bear jerseys. If in doubt my advice is size up.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"*So confident are we, that should you be shot and killed while wearing one, we'll refund 100% of the purchase price. Offer excludes residents of the United States. " :lol:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ootini

Post by ootini »

Gone 2XL this time. Now to eat chocolate and cry.....
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

RIP wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Dithering here like someone being offered one caramel wafer now or two wafers tomorrow.

Yep me too, the sizing quandary is always tricky with mail order clothing. My gilet from the last order is XXL but I wanted that to be baggy for mtb usage (which it is) and I've also lost a couple of kilos since then. I think I'm going to go size L for roady look on the gravel bike and XL for the mtb shirt (5'11", 34"waist, 42" chest).
psling

Post by psling »

I've dipped into the order pool and gone for size 2XL which should be bang-on for my 44.5" chest and offers plenty of room for expansion at the waist which according to the sizing is 42.5-46" for size 2XL :shock: Worryingly surprising for a jersey (as opposed to the MTB top) but I won't get in a flap about it. Or, will I .... :???: :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Sorry for more sizing questions, any idea on length? I fancy an MTB jersey and I'm a size M chest wise. My orange jersey bought last year was an M and its fine but could be doing with being an inch longer...... or should I go with a Large cycling jersey......
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

This might give you some idea of length Phil. The MTB jerseys do have a slightly dropped tail if that helps.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

The last jersey order I went with 2XL for my 46” chest, if anything it’s slightly too big, the fit is more like a MTB top, I’m thinking close? For the next order?
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
ootini

Post by ootini »

BigdummySteve wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:01 pm The last jersey order I went with 2XL for my 46” chest, if anything it’s slightly too big, the fit is more like a MTB top, I’m thinking close? For the next order?
Thats weird. I went XL for my 44" chest and it nearly cut me in half. Hence gone 2XL this time. I figure if it doesn't fit, I'll get most of my cash back on here then order again if there's any stock remaining.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Thanks for all the effort Stu
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I figure if it doesn't fit, I'll get most of my cash back on here then order again if there's any stock remaining.
Unlikely to be any spares Dave. Depending on numbers, I might have to order a few additional to make up any short fall but it won't be many and they're likely to be L or XL as they're the most popular sizes.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

I’ll get one ordered on pay - end of the month :-bd

As ever, thanks for sorting this out
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

voodoo_simon wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:23 pm
As ever, thanks for sorting this out
Yes, thanks from me as well. I realise it must be like trying to herd indecisive cats who aren't sure how fat/thin they are at times with us lot! :lol: