Have we done the: Interstellar Bivvy?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Charliecres

Re: Have we done the: Interstellar Bivvy?

Post by Charliecres »

“Built in sombrero”

=)) =)) =))
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

"and guess what, it weighs less than a single person tent" ... in the video, she said that without laughing, almost like it was a revelation.

I'm not really sure that any of the 'benefits' would be any great benefit in the real world. The ability to pop you arms out so you can read a book sounds great but surely your hands will get bitten? The side zip isn't really a side zip is it? Just more of a big opening like a lot of others. However, the material does sound interesting :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

I was thinking the exact same thing there stu. Bitten hands, oh and great uv a waterproof hood for when your arms are getting soaked doing stuff. Dont think ill bother :lol: though i could save 2 onces by leaving the poles at home and let the bag just flop on my face
Moff

Post by Moff »

I’m disappointed!!
I hoping this would be about hitching a ride on Space-X and bivi amongst the stars.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Moff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:55 pm I’m disappointed!!
I hoping this would be about hitching a ride on Space-X and bivi amongst the stars.
Elon Musk's rocket doesn't fly far enough and will keep you stuck in our solar system (oh, how boring, only one G-type main-sequence star), plus corona (stay at home!).

Yeah, disappointing. I was wrong too.