Photo sharing / Flickr

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blackhound

Photo sharing / Flickr

Post by Blackhound »

I have used Flickr for some years as a light user, so not a lot. Was happy to pay $25 for the premium service but I had missed the doubling in price to $50 last year as I was away at the time (Scotland) and did not pay attention. Anyway the new rate is £56 per year or £6.50 per month and I do not use it enough to justify that outlay. What are people using? If it helps I am a non Apple user so Microsoft / Android recommendations please - if relevant.
ScotRoutes

Re: Photo sharing / Flickr

Post by ScotRoutes »

Imgur works fine for occasional photo sharing on the likes of here. You can set your uploads to Private so you have no comments/strangers looking at them.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

What is it you want to do with it?

I've been having a similar quandary recently. Haven't come up with an answer, but did start a thread here which may or may not help you: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topi ... ms-though/
RIP

Post by RIP »

I'm a Flickr user but keep it to <1000 images so it's free. Or have I missed something?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I'll be doing a cull of my 4,000+ Flickr images before my Pro account expires. It'll break a few links, but nothing earth shattering.

TBH given the increasingly desperate emails from Flickr I'm not sure they'll even be around that long.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I do all mine through Google. Any pictures I take with my "nice" camera, I can upload to my phone, and from there everything syncs to Google Photos automatically. Everything seems fine for me and my needs as a non-professional photographer.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Landslide wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:58 am I do all mine through Google. Any pictures I take with my "nice" camera, I can upload to my phone, and from there everything syncs to Google Photos automatically. Everything seems fine for me and my needs as a non-professional photographer.
Aye, but sharing to here from Google....
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

A bit of a faff, but I can manage it on my phone, and it's much easier from a desktop interface.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Thanks for the heads up - i'd not realised it'd gone up by so much.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I need to investigate Google a bit more. Doesn't seem perfect, but probably worth a look since it's free. The sharing thing is a bit of a pain. Someone posted this on the thread I linked above which might help some people: https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Thanks all. Will have a look at imgur and consider dropping below 1,000 photo's for free. Not sure how many I have tbh. Wi ll also look at the STW thread later.

I had a load on Google photos from my phone but it was using up all my memory so stopped the interface (if that is the right word)

All I want to do is share some pics maybe with friends and family or the occasional post on here. I do use Instagram a bit these days on trips and the like.

Got a will to sign this afternoon trying to sort out solicitor via Skype (new skill for me during lock-down) and social distancing neighbours. Myself and Herself entered a civil partnership two months ago and our wills became invalid so needed updating. And due to restrictions not seen her for two months!
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Remember to resize your photos before uploading - making them smaller makes things quicker plus if you want to share it makes things quicker to embed them. There's plenty of free tools to do this on whatever platform you use.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry