XXC Magazine.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

XXC Magazine.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

After curtailing my disappointment with the latest issue of Off-road magazine, my memory was reminded of XXC magazine. 'Twas a wonderful publication but maybe ahead of its time with regard to the publics interest in such things. Anyway, I've discovered that most issues are still available to buy and can also be read on-line for free.

Go and have a look. If this place makes sense to you then chances are it will too. Issue 14 even features the first BB200. :wink:

https://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/52739
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Re: XXC Magazine.

Post by RIP »

Not really my area of expertise; but your BB200 article was interesting to see. Quite restrained - can't find the right word - in its style compared to the Stu I am (or think I am :wink: ) used to. Needless to say I am a big fan of the latter :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not really my area of expertise; but your BB200 article was interesting to see. Quite restrained - can't find the right word - in its style compared to the Stu I am (or think I am :wink: ) used to. Needless to say I am a big fan of the latter :smile: .
Uhm, having just re-read it then perhaps so Reg. I can only think that as an American publication with a largely American readership, I was reeling myself in for fear they wouldn't understand a word of it otherwise :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Read quite a few of those a few years ago, well worth e downloads. Lots of UK writers too, so makes for a good read :-bd
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I had my xxc jersey on earlier this week and I was thinking that I wished it was still going.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Was an excellent publication. Up there with Mountain Flyer.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Still got most of my copies of XXC, a mighty fine publication!

Issue #17 was my favourite :wink:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:43 am
Uhm, having just re-read it then perhaps so Reg. I can only think that as an American publication with a largely American readership, I was reeling myself in for fear they wouldn't understand a word of it otherwise :wink:
Yes... you did right Stuart. As a West Yorkshireman who works in North Yorkshire (who'd have thought that they class themselves as Yorkshire-istas aswell) I often have that problem too. I think it took em about 3 years before they realised what I was on about...

Having read the article (well started whilst being thankful I didn't buy issue 3 of the gravel mag as I don't think Yorkshire Water would appreciate if I started using it for toilet paper too... apparently they get blocked) I think its really spot on and deserves a place in Privateer (think Rouleur but the mtb version... proper well written) :-bd good find and thanks for sharing Stu
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Remind me which issue has the bb200 in?
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Taylor wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 am Remind me which issue has the bb200 in?
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Ta