man cave build help

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

windjammer

Re: man cave build help

Post by windjammer »

thinking of making my cabinets from birch plywood,no work on sites so this will give me something to do and keep my mind occupied
https://fixthisbuildthat.com/diy-garage-cabinets-plans/
Alec

Post by Alec »

If I had a man cave that big i think id be tempted to partition some bits off si i could have a dirty area for working/workshop part. Then have a walkin wardrobe/camping gear store, then go for a bike cupboard where they are in two layers and stored in pull out draws like you see people put in the back of vans.
I also think eves storage is massively useful.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

If space is tight, a fold out workbench can be useful especially if you don't itend to do much serious work ........ it's somewhere to fasten that vice too :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
benp1

Post by benp1 »

7m by 7m? That's a studio flat down here!

I have a pillar drill, bench grinder and vice permanently on my workbench, but seemingly tons of crap also there as well

Have smaller removable vices and also another Bluepoint grinder with a proper manly motor to power it when I was going to be making knives from blanks, but then other things came along. Still sitting unused!

Vice is probably the most used item, but I really do like my tool chest. Looks a lot like this

windjammer

Post by windjammer »

hey ben
i like the tool chest,i want to build something like that from plywood,get a compressor too,lots of led ceiling lights,always had garages that were narrow and long cant fit anything down the sides
mikehowarth

Post by mikehowarth »

Slowly beginning to turn my attention to the garage as well

+1 for fixthisbuildthat plans and a french cleat wall system
timothy.doran

Post by timothy.doran »

Im 'working' from my man cave today. Best thing about today was by chance my WRT 2012 tshirt had floated to the top of the clothes pile.

I can recommend the LED batten lights from Screwfix. Good quality natural light and plenty of it.
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

got my walls painted white,took 30litres of dulux masonary paint,blocks were really porus and the first coat didnt cover any were near,
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

windjammer wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:36 pm got my walls painted white,took 30litres of dulux masonary paint,blocks were really porus and the first coat didnt cover any were near,
Did you water the first coat down? Sometimes helps.
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

got the electrics in last week,sparky put a wifi fused spur to programe the outside lights,i can set them to come on at 9pm and switch off at 11.fitted the steel security door today,get the electric door next week
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

got the electrics in last week,sparky put a wifi fused spur to programe the outside lights,i can set them to come on at 9pm and switch off at 11.fitted the steel security door today,get the electric door next week
Jeez, sounding more Bat Cave than man cave :shock:
May the bridges you burn light your way