Post by FLV »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:08 am
Arh, you told me it was alright too
Nope, I said the first 2 were alright :wink:
I'll only look at the pictures in 3 then :lol:
Dave Barter

Re: Off Road Issue 3.

Post by Dave Barter »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:02 pm Okay everybody, let's shut up and save some pointing for Dave. :grin:
It turned up today so crack on
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

t turned up today so crack on
What do you mean, 'crack on'? We're waiting for your input*

*well, we were but it appears that I had a few minutes to kill this morning so kinda carried on without you :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:14 pm

*well, we were but it appears that I had a few minutes to kill this morning so kinda carried on without you :wink:
I haven't had a dump yet.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Dave Barter wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:11 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:14 pm

I haven't had a dump yet.
Is it that bad...
FLV

Post by FLV »

It is indeed Shaf.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It is indeed Shaf.
Sorry Dave.
May the bridges you burn light your way
FLV

Post by FLV »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:10 pm
It is indeed Shaf.
Sorry Dave.
Ha ha, no need of course. Was worth a look.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:16 am A copy arrived this morning. A very brief flick through reveals lots of nice pictures of places you'd like to go. However, it would seem that the 'adventure' element has now taken something of a back seat. I didn't see much in the way of luggage, nights outside, sh1tting in the woods etc. I'm not even sure there's any mug dangling going on.
This.

I didn’t find myself dragged into any of the articles. The bloke riding the Australian epic only did a 1/3 of it. Not sure this mag is for me writing felt a bit “samey”.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Do hope that both Dave's did consider Yorkshire Water (or whatever the local water board is) when attempting to flush the content down there. Apparently the only loo paper your meant to flush down the pan is the common stuff :lol:
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

Dave Barter wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:50 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:16 am A copy arrived this morning. A very brief flick through reveals lots of nice pictures of places you'd like to go. However, it would seem that the 'adventure' element has now taken something of a back seat. I didn't see much in the way of luggage, nights outside, sh1tting in the woods etc. I'm not even sure there's any mug dangling going on.
This.

I didn’t find myself dragged into any of the articles. The bloke riding the Australian epic only did a 1/3 of it. Not sure this mag is for me writing felt a bit “samey”.
I've bought 2 out of 3, but I don't think I will be buying again.
May satan walk with you
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:50 am If you're struggling to get to the shops for your usual copy of Razzle, fear not as issue 3 of Off Road magazine can be bought on-line. There's a lovely picture ont' front. https://shop.cyclist.co.uk/products/cop ... ne-issue-1

In Reverse wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:59 am Is that a genuine photo on the cover or has there been some Photoshop skulduggery? :geek:

Gian?
It's genuine, yet obviously setup and all; they look as if they either rode up from Zermatt to Sunnegga (pretty sure that's where the photo was taken and know that there's a gravel road) and had a shower before the photo was taken. Or, like all the endurobros, they took the cable car up there and staged it.

So, photo taken at Sunnegga, above Zermatt.

I only know of the smaller mountain paths/single tracks around Zermatt, but can imagine that some of the larger tracks are very well suitable to trekking bikes, hybrids and what not. Heck, even some of the single tracks are so well used by the thousands of tourists (this is between Gornergrat and Riffelsee), one could easily ride almost any bicycle down there and have fun.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I've got a feeling the background position/size has been altered to fit the frame of the photo. The perspective looks wrong.

Good cover though.

I was going to ride around Sunnegga but the closer I got the more walkers were about so didn't bother but you're right - the trails would be very gravel-friendly.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

In Reverse wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm I've got a feeling the background position/size has been altered to fit the frame of the photo. The perspective looks wrong.
Telephoto in the mountains does some amazing things with perspective. Stop down the aperture and things look somewhat unnatural.
In Reverse wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm I was going to ride around Sunnegga but the closer I got the more walkers were about so didn't bother but you're right - the trails would be very gravel-friendly.
That's why I don't like riding around the Sunnegga and Gornergrat. Lovely single tracks, fast and open, rough and tight. Yet, just so utterly full of other tourists. It's not fun for us, nor for them.
Very early and late in the day is okay, but then why even bother, if there are grander goals just right above Zermatt, where no trains or cable cars run?
I've had a superb ride at Platthorn and Mettelhorn and met only very few hikers and trailrunners.

And you get even more amazing views.