So it's come to this ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Verena

Re: So it's come to this ...

Post by Verena »

FFS, I've just spent much of the afternoon sitting. In an armchair. In my lounge. Reading a NEWSPAPER. The garden has a every single seed removed, the beds have had straight edges cut with military precision, and I've bought one of those horrible plastic greenhouses for growing tomatoes. Thank goodness I have dogs to constantly maintain a layer of dust and spattering of mud on the walls...and the rain is making new weeds grow....
Boab

Post by Boab »

I used to homebrew, then I had an incident with some home made kit, which let to loss of power in the shed. I bought all the bits for a new stainless steel brewery after that, they've sat in the shed for four years. I've finally got round to drilling some holes and fitting some fixings. I still need a few hundred quids worth of bits and bobs, oh, and an electrician to wire my shed into the main fusebox. But we're close to being able to brew again...

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Holy thread resurrection, Batman

Went for a ride with my son early doors (he can wheelie like a street scote...) and after cleaning the bikes he went up to his room and I flopped on the sofa and channel surfed till I landed on the 1985 World Snooker Championship replay on the tele.

OMG .. the Black Ball Final ....

I watched this in raptures back then, as a Pot Black obsessed teenager, beamed live via satellite right to my living room mat in Brisbane. Steve Davis, the unbeatable cucumber of snooker, and Dennis Taylor, whom I just adored for his upside down glasses and simple guts. So fecking tense ... final ball of the final frame Taylor took it and I pee'd my pants with excitement and relief (it was a long frame) They played the black back and forth for ever, like pub idiots, till Davis left Taylor with a straight shot.

Such a great memories.
I'm just going outside ...
psling

Post by psling »

Only just come to this thread but seeing your reference to old classics and having read Reg's posts puts me in mind of an old Morecambe & Wise sketch involving making breakfast. I'll see if I can find the link tomorrow when I get to a computer 😁
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

psling

Post by psling »

That's the one Colin, thanks :-bd
Of it's era but brilliant stuff; that was almost as if I was in Reg's kitchen this morning :lol:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Hah :smile: .

I've moved on now to procedure efficiency changes in the bathroom & toilet.... you don't want to know :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster