CV19 (emergencyBam Rules) Comp

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

CV19 (emergencyBam Rules) Comp

Post by redefined_cycles »

Here we go. Seems everyone liketh a good old comp. Will try not to inundate it with rules. Just try not to inundate your report with how much you had to drink of liver-affecting beverages pre or post the BAm.

Rules:

1. Must be in yer garden with a ride pre or post it (the rest is up to you) and the ride can be a virtual one... which obviously means you could indulge and do 100s of miles but obviously you'd be carryibg you actual gear like a retard in your front room.

2. It must involve the trusty 'bike'... obviously.

3. You must put your report in words of which post ride people mihht be happy to vote.

4. Obviously observe that standard rule of keeping your outside ride ethical and safe etc etc as per govt guidelines.

PRIZE:

1.£50 gift voucher to spend at BB shop or any of the other business ran by BBers (thats not bottom brackets btw)- can someone kidly compile a list. Money must be spent within the month (thats next minth obviously)

1b. If you're struggling and dont fancy spending the £50 on a BBers store then feel free to coordinate with me and we can get it transferred straight to you... Or indeed if yoy buy somethubg from said shop but need the rest as change for loo role (just let me know). Or else I'll just keep the change.
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: CV19 (emergencyBam Rules) Comp

How simple is that??

Winner decided via voting.

Pictures are good but no naked rides please (mtb pants as a minimal :-bd (call that rule x)
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I'm out. Self-isolation means I can't leave the garden for a ride, though I could camp in it.

No problem though. As you know I'm not the competitive type :lol:
redefined_cycles

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 pm I'm out. Self-isolation means I can't leave the garden for a ride, though I could camp in it.

No problem though. As you know I'm not the competitive type :lol:
How littles your grdn Colin? :???:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Within garden rides work well and are arguably more dangerous than in the countryside (hidden garden rakes, loose paving slabs, next doors cat, errant wheelie bins and partially completed lockdown garden projects) so just do a couple of laps of yer lawn Colin

I think Reg may already have won this however
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

redefined_cycles wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:37 pm How simple is that??

Winner decided via voting.

Pictures are good but no naked rides please (mtb pants as a minimal :-bd (call that rule x)
Thank you for that rule. I was starting to fear looking at future posts in this thread.
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

htrider wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:23 pm I think Reg may already have won this however
Not so fast there...
1. Must be in yer garden with a ride pre or post it (the rest is up to you) and the ride can be a virtual one... which obviously means you could indulge and do 100s of miles but obviously you'd be carryibg you actual gear like a retard in your front room.
It would appear the rules require the kit to be carried on the bike even for a virtual ride, not sure that standard lamp and bookshelf Reg had would fit on his bike, even with the double-decker handlebar bag :wink:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
redefined_cycles

sean_iow wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:19 pm
htrider wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:23 pm I think Reg may already have won this however
Not so fast there...
It would appear the rules require the kit to be carried on the bike even for a virtual ride, not sure that standard lamp and bookshelf Reg had would fit on his bike, even with the double-decker handlebar bag :wink:
Its kijda open season Sean... Maybe the person that did carry his kit (and water wity the bath made up as a p9jd to use ones filter) would have more likelihood to win.

Much better than the Restrap competition in my opinion (other opinions may vary) as one doesn't have to wait months... and months and months before feeling its ethical to go and climb (Mt Hellvelyn... or hlvln) and ride... Plus, it supports local businesses :-bd (no offence to Restrap and I shall for one be getting one of their lovely new tt bags when I feel I'm able/needy for it)...
redefined_cycles

Erm.. Regards Reg. Wasn't his BAm last month. This comp is for BAM-April (new financial year and all that jazz)... sorry Rg (using the no vewels rule as it keeps me entertaiend)...
redefined_cycles

NB. Hands up if anyone wishes to take the lead in running it (til the end... of the month that is and then making the vot8ng etc using peoples names etc etc... surely someone might have a few free minutesl..
RIP

Post by RIP »

redefined_cycles wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm Erm.. Regards Reg. Wasn't his BAm last month. This comp is for BAM-April (new financial year and all that jazz)... sorry Rg (using the no vewels rule as it keeps me entertaiend)...
'Twas indeed April - 4th to be precise :wink: .

Sean has me bang to rights though - I didn't carry everything in my bags. Although I did have all my normal gear on the bike. Hmm!

May is going to be a problem. <petulant>I'm bored with gardenpacking now after two goes</petulant>. Still, got 7 weeks to think about it.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

May is going to be a problem. <petulant>I'm bored with gardenpacking now after two goes</petulant>. Still, got 7 weeks to think about it.
Reg mate you're welcome to camp in my garden. It's mostly flat and I will pick up the dog poo. I will of course have you locked out of the house.... can talk through the intercom if you like (not that I have an intercom of course ...)
I'm just going outside ...
redefined_cycles

RIP wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:28 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm Erm.. Regards Reg. Wasn't his BAm last month. This comp is for BAM-April (new financial year and all that jazz)... sorry Rg (using the no vewels rule as it keeps me entertaiend)...
'Twas indeed April - 4th to be precise :wink: .

Sean has me bang to rights though - I didn't carry everything in my bags. Although I did have all my normal gear on the bike. Hmm!

How cool is that.. we have our first entrant
barney

Post by barney »

I'm in, set myself a little challenge already of garden camping every weekend of lockdown but in different kit (bivy bags, tarps, tents etc.)

Riding round the garden will be like an episode of Junior Kickstart but I'll try my best! 😁
Wait for me...