Suggest a hardpack backpack

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Suggest a hardpack backpack

Post by redefined_cycles »

Something to hold a head and face shaped device so it won't keep breaking. Hopefully wojt need as the device I bkught for myself is tougher than the polycarbonate standard helmets/visors...

Just looking ahead in advance as it looks like I'll be taking my own protective breathing gear to many places for the foreseeable future (their own fault IMO as our unit took heed and bought extra equipment in advance for staff)...

Anyone any thoughts or noticed anything. Basically need to keep it protected whilst walking from car to the ward without it squishing and breaking (over time)
FLV

Re: Suggest a hardpack backpack

Post by FLV »

Very Ghostbusters...
https://www.astroshop.eu/multi-purpose- ... m_content=

Check out motorcycle shops, theres a few 'aero' ones about

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/fra ... /38625.htm
redefined_cycles

Thanks v much Dave. Good ideas. Will probably forego the Ghostbusters look (although it could be made to look very dramatic when attending a shift :lol: )... will look about at MB shops and thanks again :smile:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I have a Boblbee Megalopolis. Would that work and do you want it?
redefined_cycles

benp1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:11 pm I have a Boblbee Megalopolis. Would that work and do you want it?
Ben... would it fit one of these https://www.prosafetyservices.co.uk/sho ... espirator/

Or better still this (as it'll save me money and can put that into extra filters as I shall be using a couple per shift myself) https://www.prosafetyservices.co.uk/sho ... respirator

Just a rough idea will do and its mainly the face piece to keep it protected over a long period (I imagine I will need this for at least a year or more as its a big marathon)...

If yes I shall take it. But only if you'll let me pay (it looks some srriously expensive piece of kit)...

[Edit: forgot to say- ta very much :o ]
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Hmmm, not sure. Its not that big.

Is that head bit soft? Ie does it just need the clear shield to be protected? If you have it now can you give me dimensions?

I can roughly measure the bag if that helps?
redefined_cycles

benp1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:14 pm Hmmm, not sure. Its not that big.

Is that head bit soft? Ie does it just need the clear shield to be protected? If you have it now can you give me dimensions?

I can roughly measure the bag if that helps?
Yup... Head bit is soft Ben but the main thing that I'm trging to protect (on the cheaper head piece) is the face cover thing. Ours have been breaking (but they are pretty old and well used) as its a rigid structure...

When it arrives I shall drop you a line if thats ok. Been looking at your bag and seems it might just be overkill for me (aside from the high cost of the bag :o ... been reading and it seems your bag can and has withstand a bomb blast... wow)
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Sure mate. Drop me a line when you get it, if it fits you can have it for nowt. I'm not using it and was going to move it on anyway, at least it would going somewhere useful. It's not pristine in any way

I bought it for motorcycling but use another pack more. Although bike is SORN'd anyway!