Shaf's respirator appeal.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Shaf's respirator appeal.

Post by redefined_cycles »

Worldwide critical shortage and 2 wasted orders later I resorted to ebay...

At least we've got one for the handsome sum of only £189 including delivery... All the rest of the money gonna be given straight to the unit with a suggestion of buying the 3M versaflo respirators which won't be costly to run as the filters are aimed at lasting the whole of the pandemic. More info seperate thread and long write up.

Just counting up how much we made and will put the answer here shortly.

Thanks all again. Keep smiling and lets keep having our cups half full. Full list of accounts (well an a4 paper itemising the fundraising) being sent to Stu shortly...
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Got this from the Trust we sent the money to (York)... If anyone has any words they'd like to cobble together (do I sound like Stu ?) and send em then feel free. The email is in the bottom of that letter above...

Alasdair, regards the Stooge. I bumped into my manager today and she confirmed that the money from that had also been transferred over from the charity funds to the actual ICU budget :-bd (email address attached for yourself aswell in case you wanted to share your thoughts with the charity... helps em understand how to hopefully generate more funds for future from others :smile: ).

Well pleased thanks all...

Update from my POV is that: As regards to the actual device that this whole page stemmed from. Because everyone on here was raising for the ICU, I was able to focus my own money - sold my Canyon carbon frameset; couple of lads; Glenn from Brothers on Bikes and Andy on here bought my jackets (Rab/Ra*ha) and kindly gifted/long term loaned em to me; mum gave me £100 and the missus helped a bit etc etc etc - on my own brand spanking respirator.

As there was/is a shortage, demand supply issue for what I wanted, I managed to get a brandnew unit up from £800 to £1200 :o * from fleabay. But it came with a hardhat and you could safely say I now have one of the best Powered Air Purifying Respirators on most of the places I attend to do a shift. It's lovely and well worth it as I can grow back my lovely beard to its full length and I'm never worried about PPE for myself at different units across the region.

To add to that, Ben from here gifted me a £300 used hard backpack which is probably one of the best that motorcycles have. Its a balogbloo (summat like that) and means my investment is protected wherever I go as well as having a hardbox to keep my gear whilst on brakes. Not to mention JohnnyStorm gave me his shoes for the off days (some lovely 5tens that do Danny Mac proud) and in between it all I lost the key for my nuts (on the car Avi) so a lad from UKlegacy forum invited me over to his and knocked em off. I did try with the same chisel he used afterwards but it was impossible and all I was doing was dismembering the locking nut. £100 job he did for me, gratis...

:-bd along the way some other wonderful things happened (Nige/JS agreed to sell my little one his small OOF with extra kit... etc etc).

Hope that helps as an uodate and hope someome might put together some words for York if they're able :-bd

*I contemplated it for a while but then took the plunge before that went also... Gladly most of the managers I've come across of which they've not been many yet, have allowed me to use my own gear and I don't need fit testing ever again :grin:
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Great to see that letter, thanks for sharing.

Charlie now has the Stooge from me, it arrived on Monday. Happy days.
Matt

Post by Matt »

:-bd