Shaf's respirator appeal.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Shaf's respirator appeal.

Post by redefined_cycles »

NB. Paul, good work yerself and everyone else on here... Remember, its a marathon and not a race (so we should all be okish at that)
redefined_cycles

Just checked. We're on £593. Means we've raised another respirator!
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Sorry, late to the party, hope the donation isn’t too late. If it is, just go crazy and get as much toilet roll as you can fit on your Sonder.

Great work Shaf, you’re a hero.

Andy
Matt

Post by Matt »

Bit late but sent a couple of quid :-bd
Robster

Post by Robster »

Hadn’t looked at the forum for a while, so thanks to Stu for the Fb heads up.

Stay safe and best wishes, Rob
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Also late to the party (hmm, maybe that's not the best choice of word) but chipped a bit.

Well done Shaf, you're a saint (or whatever the culturally appropriate equivalent is :grin: )!
redefined_cycles

Its all very much appreciated... thanks again to Mcinblack for ipening up this thread...

I've put another order in for 2 more devices (that bring the total funded by our forum and some chaps off Brothers on Bikes and a few of my close mates) to ariund 5. One is mainly funded from myself and I will try and use where needed on other units as well as our own.

Keep up the good work everyone and... :-bd
redefined_cycles

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:34 am Its all very much appreciated... thanks again to Mcinblack for ipening up this thread...

I've put another order in for 2 more devices (that bring the total funded by our forum and some chaps off Brothers on Bikes and a few of my close mates) to ariund 5. One is mainly funded from myself and I will try and use where needed on other units as well as our own.

Keep up the good work everyone and... :-bd
I've put the order in, in advance of havign raised the funds. But if its comes to it I will just borrow some dosh off a mate and pay him back next week. Can't afford for the supplies to dry out on us and I'm not even sure if they'll honour the ones we've already ordered as they didn't send me the invoice yesterday. But the chap seemed very nice on phone and it seems they are just soooo busy so hopefully Monday I will tey and pester and see if I can pick all the untis up in person then take em straight to York ICU...
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

If anyone wants to donate and get something back (other than a warm fuzzy feeling inside), I’m running an auction here
redefined_cycles

Current balance: £728.59

I made another order of 2 more units last night in advance of managing to have the funds but had thought I will just beg and borrow (or use my Canyon when it sells) when the invoice arrives to pay as stocks are dwindled nationally. I'm really hoping the place I've ordered from (seemed reasonable on the phone and blatantly honest... even so he's much cheaper than anywhere else so I imagine lots of orders might have gone in over the coming/goneby day) can deliver. I'm gonna call on Monday though to see if I can rush them up a bit and maybr go and collect in person.

Anyway, if they are out of stock, then we shall cross that bridge on Monday... InshaAllah (GodWilling) they're not :o
redefined_cycles

Got lost in my thoughts. What I was meant to say was that the Stooge Ti is a lifeline/saver for me :smile: thanks again (I'll stop saying that now)
yeha

Post by yeha »

Added my bit too. Well done.
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T.S.Eliot.
redefined_cycles

Before the update. Can I just let

Barney
Slarge
M.a.M
Jurassic
Burty
and whoever else is paypal illiterate :grin: know that you paid as 'goods and services. Meaning PP charge a fee. PM if you want if you can be bothered and I can refund the full amount and you ciuld send as 'friends/family'. You just click the icon whilst deciding how much you'd like to pay. Thats around £7 or 9 quid on paypal fees that you've ended up paying from your payments ... :smile:

total in kitty currently is 903.59£ ... This doesn't include what was raised previously before some people crawled out from under their bivvies (that was also touching £1000 with a coouple of hundred having come from other avenues). Well done us all :-bd
slarge

Post by slarge »

PM sent Shaf
RIP

Post by RIP »

Done. Sorry delay, had to wait until I paid myself my Virtual BaM sponsorship money :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

£876.78 is the current (second total since first order was sent)... I did make the second order already just cos I was getring worried that we might lose out due the international shortages on these items...

The order consisted of 2 hoods (but one was the harder hat which I will be putting an extra ££70 towards as its potentially what I will be keeping for myself with the rest of the device)...

Alasdair will be completing his auction for his Ti Stooge and that'll hopefully fund the rest of this (he insists) and whatever is left over from what he gets for the bike I eill just buy extra filters for the unit...

Also, what might be relevant is that I spoke to Luke (our very Lune Ranger) to see if they could do with a couple of the BB units but he said they are good as they made plenty prior plans for people that aren't suitable for using the standard ffp3 masks...

Will end the fundraising and money coming into my paypal by midnight tonight please so I can get my paypal back and not be responsible for large sums of money and losing track of things. But if at any point anyone wishes to donate something (I think Stu planned to sell a few things in due course) then feel free to PM me and we can get an exact price of whats needed and get that much money across... hopefully though, with these hoods now the unit should be good...

I have been thinking about other hospitals aswell and spoke to the one I went to today, but seems they have their own plans and practices on the subject so I'd rather not try to impose (thw onw today didn't seem too confident that they're willing to bear the future running costs with filters etc so might end up sat in a cupbaord)...

Thanks again all...
redefined_cycles

Another £40 greatfully recieved. Thanks :smile:
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

If that was me shaf it was returning without the PayPal costs
redefined_cycles

middleagedmadness wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:16 am If that was me shaf it was returning without the PayPal costs
Stu Dean... was indeed MaM... thanks so much. See uldate below for all
redefined_cycles

no more donations please people

Reason being. The chap I put in the order with, I just spoke with him. There's a backlog of 18000 units at the manufacturers end. He's not got our physical units in stock anymore cos I should have ordered by 1700 on that Wednesday (or Thurs) when I spoke to him...

He knows the situation (that its charity money) and is working on it and says there is orders coming in all the time. Especially since he is a regular purchaser of large quantities we (well, me but he did seem confident aswell but didn't wanna give false hope eiher) live in hope!!

He's gonna check whats coming in at the mo and email me an ETA (might not be any time in the next week or so) and an update etc. I alsi rang another supplier who's website is staill allowing orders (albeit a bit more expsenvie) but case is the same. He offered me some RSP unita with a rough wait time of 4 weeks (and a bit cheaper). But since we already use the 3m gear and the hospital doesn't need to learn new suppliers etc etc, I'm gonna hold out for the respirators from first place (around York).

Will keep all updated but please... no more dosh into paypal (unless you was like MaM and paid previously already) for the moment and this message does not apply to Alasdair and his Ti Stooge as he's already stated he's happy for it to go wherever to a hospital of my choosing (I choose my hospital as Lukes is well managed like ours, but also sorted anyway).

Worst comes to worse I might just have to transfer the money we raised staright to our ICU and they can chase up the PPE themselves. But I/we live in hope and am confident somethig will pull through v soon :-bd

Hope that helps and feel free to ask Qs
RIP

Post by RIP »

Hesitate to muddy the waters here cos you're spending your own time doing this, but bearing in mind the large amount now raised might be worth exploring VAT reclaim if there's a handy VAT-registered entity around somewhere....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

redefined_cycles

RIP wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:36 am Hesitate to muddy the waters here cos you're spending your own time doing this, but bearing in mind the large amount now raised might be worth exploring VAT reclaim if there's a handy VAT-registered entity around somewhere....
Reg... veey good point sir. Had a think about it and realised that (apart from the one unit I'm definitely funding myself) it'd probably involve a bit of lying (little though it might be) which means it'd be counter productive...

Maybe an accountant might be anle to correct us, but I dont see how one could reclaim the vat on fundraised money... except for maybe opening up a registered charity. Complex stuff :o :wink: and thankfully now the donations are all closed (except the Ti or if anyone did want to fund something I coukd advise on where to get the filters which will be constantly getting used/wasted...
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I think the VAT thing is a bit dodgy

What you could do it look for gift aid relief, which would add more than VAT reclaim potentially. But you'd need to route it through an actual charity with that status and you'd need people to fill in gift aid forms
RIP

Post by RIP »

Mmm, was thinking along lines of a vat-registered medical charidee so shouldn't be dodgy. Gift Aid also but as Ben says, lots of forms... VAT only going to Govt and they should be supplying you guys properly in 1st place :wink: . Sorry for muddying. Top job Shaf.

redefined_cycles

Yeah... becomes long and drawn out for me and already a bit tired from all this :o :-bd just a bit though...

Gonna see if I can find anywhere else later that might potentially have some respirators in stock but potentially highe rprices. I dont think I'll get anywhere though.

Thanks again all