Shaf's respirator appeal.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Shaf's respirator appeal.

Post by redefined_cycles »

Blackhound wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:46 pm Will donate later when I switch on my laptop. Surely a Stop Being Soft sticker would be allowed?
I thought of that already and wondered if Stu could provide a laminated impermeable one to allow good cleansing. But I imagine my manager wouldn't be too impressed and not get the humour (although I know she would try :smile:)...
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Sent you a little tickle Shaf , hope you reach the cost sharpish :-bd
redefined_cycles

Ta Stu and everyone else... We went past the mark and currently sat on £717 (all praise to our maker). Add an extra £230ish that i need to collect from my mate Boris (Ali actually... dont tell him) and we can safely say we've just secured (hopefully thw shop has more than enough left) 2 respirators with spare hoods (or filters) .. :-bd ta peeps
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's great Shaf'. Hats off to you .... how much will it cost to get a hospital wing named after us?
May the bridges you burn light your way
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:50 pm That's great Shaf'. Hats off to you .... how much will it cost to get a hospital wing named after us?
I’m sure there’s a Jim’ll fix it ward that would live to change to a Bear Boners ward with the tag #dontbesoft...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I’m sure there’s a Jim’ll fix it ward that would live to change to a Bear Boners ward with the tag #dontbesoft...
Penile disfunction ward it is :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:50 pm That's great Shaf'. Hats off to you .... how much will it cost to get a hospital wing named after us?
:lol:
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

Donated.
I hope you get enough for 3 or 4! :-bd
You are a good man.
Rob.
redefined_cycles

Jurassic pusher wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:54 pm Donated.
I hope you get enough for 3 or 4! :-bd
You are a good man.
Rob.
Thanks Rob. Likewise sir... we are almost at £800 which translates to 3 devices (£230ish from my lovely mate who's never said no and the remainder £400ish from a secret quickly generated stash which will belong to me techincally but pretty sure others will be using it aswell) or maybe even 4... :grin:
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Donated shaf :-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
redefined_cycles

:-bd
jay91 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:44 pm Donated shaf :-bd
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Donated. :-bd
barney

Post by barney »

Bit late to the party (as normal)

Little donation made to an excellent cause!
Wait for me...
redefined_cycles

Erm... almost hit £1000 (just £30 remainder) and I have another £220 from Paradise Take away (Boris... actually Ali) in my pocket :-bd
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Nice one Shaf!

And well done to the Boners too!
redefined_cycles

macinblack wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:55 pm Nice one Shaf!

And well done to the Boners too!
Nice1 yourself. Thanks so much for starting this off. Just a bit of background to how I changed from raising funds from the feed the family projects to this...

My last shift at work (my regular contracted at York where these respirators will go) during the end of the shift one of the more senior nurses stopped me and another burse whilst we were discussing something with our hoods/respirators on. She told us that, 'you must be quick and handover your patients cos there are staff waiting out in the corridor area (where we gown up and put on masks or hoods dependent on who's abke to wear a standard mask and who it doesnt create the seal for) and they can only come in once you go out (and pass on your cleaned down respirators'. That was in a situation where we arw still not at full capacity of what is projected (we will be caring for 2 patients in one bed space and even that might not be enough) and all the extra staff that have/will be redeployed to come and support us...

On a positive note, the fact that we've not reached that 'we are full' stage yet. It must mean that the public are taking this 2m and essential outdoors only advice very seriously and responsibly.

Thanks so much once again everyone... (bug smile goes here)...
redefined_cycles

Order made and thanks to all.

3 respirator systems (2 for the hospital and one for myself as there's cases where you end up at a hospital and they're short of breathing apparatus... me and another chap [a different hospital btw before anyone says they're from the media... or like cheese] had to hold our breaths last week whilst we swapped over battery packs as I was going out and his pack was dying... these batteries are way ahead and lithium ion aswell).

2 spare extra hoods which will go straight to the hospital as the hoods we have are slowly showing their age (I'll say no more) so these spare hoods might give them systems a new lease of life.

1 pack of 20 filters which need to be swapped per shift.. so mine will be done after 10 shifts but the hospital have plenty of their own... I hope :smile:

Thanks again everyone and I will endeavour to write our name (BearbonesBikepackingBreathingFund) on all the 4 hoods (and my name on my hood :smile: ) and a little message reminding staff to observe rule #1 so they'll hopefully treat em carefully and like their own. Feel free to suggest owt else if its constructive and might be feasable. But no promises :o ...
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Excellent. A small amount of my faith in humanity restored... no bad thing!

:-bd
drain

Post by drain »

Is the fundraising still open now that the kit has been bought? Slow to the party ☺️
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

drain wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:32 am Is the fundraising still open now that the kit has been bought? Slow to the party ☺️
Same here - adding in for another one now!
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Cyclepeasant

Post by Cyclepeasant »

Re 99% and drain.
Would like to donate if possible too.
Not having a PayPal account,does anyone know if it is possible to donate with a debit/ credit card?
RC, I admire your integrity!
Insanity over vanity
slarge

Post by slarge »

As usual, I turn up late! Just donated as you never know, Shaf might be buying some more......
redefined_cycles

drain wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:32 am Is the fundraising still open now that the kit has been bought? Slow to the party ☺️
Erm... lets say yes its open and will review twice per every week God Willing.....(edit) Actually call it as last funds accepted on monday/Tuesday :???:

One thing i will be doing though (in the interests of transparency as I'm only ever used to raising dosh on one of them fundraising platforms) is sending Stu (of Dee and Stu) a screen shot of my paypal incoming and outgoings. Speak now if anyone would like their name fading out...

Thanks again all...
redefined_cycles

Cyclepeasant wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:08 am Re 99% and drain.
Would like to donate if possible too.
Not having a PayPal account,does anyone know if it is possible to donate with a debit/ credit card?
RC, I admire your integrity!
Yes... thats fine but only if you'll add on here how much you donated please (to tick the transparency box for me :grin:... only cos we was taught that and to take this issue seriously by Mohammed PBUH)....
gairym

Post by gairym »

A bit of cash sent.....