Virtual BAM ... you know you want to

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Re: Virtual BAM ... you know you want to

Post by TheBrownDog »

Ok Backyard Boners, VBAM is on.

Tomorrow night. 7pm. ZOOM is saying there is a 40 minute limit so I've scheduled a 2nd one using the same ID for 7.30pm if anyone feels they haven't had the chance to speak their mind in the first one.

Below is the ZOOM meeting ID.

I think you use this link to join on a pooter.
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/7992444539

And this is what you put into the app on your phone. I think.
Meeting ID: 799 244 4539

If it all goes boobs up, then so be it. At least w'd have had a go at getting the band together in, as I am sick of hearing, these challenging time. Looking forward to this.
I'm just going outside ...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Compliments for pulling it all together 'Dog. There's only one problem - apparently it's going to be bright sunshine here between 6 - 8pm and only "1%" chance of precipitation. What sort of BaM is that?!

Better start getting things sorted.... I've got a few ideas that need a bit of time to arrange :wink: .

I'm a bit (*) hopeless with all this phone stuff - if there's ten (**) Boners on board do we get ten teeny little Boner windows on the go? Will need to dig out a good pair of glasses. Forgotten how to do 'meetings', do we all just shout at once? :smile: . Same as WRT-LHC pub visits then really :smile: .

(*) totally

(**) Come on people, there's 1890 of us! Just get signed up. I'm not sure my phone's resolution could handle 1889 little windows though?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Better start getting things sorted.... I've got a few ideas that need a bit of time to arrange :wink: .
We're counting on you for some entertainment Reg.

The weather forecast is rather disappointing, isn't it. Hopefully someone who joins in will be enjoying a thunder storm or locusts or something.

I think on the phone the person who is speaking is the one you will see. So I think we all need to go on mute to start with.

No idea really, but how wrong can it all go?
RIP

Post by RIP »

TheBrownDog wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 am We're counting on you for some entertainment Reg.

how wrong can it all go?
I've got a good George Formby impression. Now how does it go again... erm...

Very wrong with a bit of luck - the more mayhem the better :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

ZOOM is now displaying a message that they recommend you use a pooter rather than a phone, as increased demand might mean you won't be able to get on. Or something.

Just checked any my WiFi doesn't make it to the bottom of my garden, so I'll going to see if I can hotspot off my phone.

See, what could go wrong ......
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

For my preferred bivvy spot* I could probably just run an extension cord from the outside plugpoint and use the laptop if its not raining. I might have get the big tent out and go glamping :grin:
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:10 pm For my preferred bivvy spot* I could probably just run an extension cord from the outside plugpoint and use the laptop if its not raining. I might have get the big tent out and go glamping :grin:
I'm glamping with the kids
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Taylor wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:45 pm
PaulB2 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:10 pm For my preferred bivvy spot* I could probably just run an extension cord from the outside plugpoint and use the laptop if its not raining. I might have get the big tent out and go glamping :grin:
I'm glamping with the kids
I'm probably going to be doing the same.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Do we think -2°c is too cold to include the kids???

Go so much kit that it'll literally only be the ambient air temperature that'll provide any cold if they're exposed but I can't help but think it'll just be a royal pain in the bum.

Huh?
barney

Post by barney »

I'm that sad/bored I've just put my tarp up now!

And just sourced my fire wood... I know, I know but is a garden chimenea allowed in the emergency BAM rules? 🤔
Wait for me...
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Do we think -2°c is too cold to include the kids???
Nope .... unless you are thinking of using them as insulation. My mum used to call us kids into bed when things got cold and the meter ran out, and back in Aussie, they talk about "three dog nights" when that's the number of hairy beasts you need in your bivvy to stave off the cold.
Last edited by TheBrownDog on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

barney wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:03 pm I'm that sad/bored I've just put my tarp up now! And just sourced my fire wood... I know, I know but is a garden chimenea allowed in the emergency BAM rules? 🤔
Me too. It's been my distraction this afternoon and I am delighted with the result. Plus I spent a happy hour sawing old fence posts and rails into sections that I can chop into functional firewood.
RIP

Post by RIP »

-2c? - nah, do 'em good :wink:. Mebbe have buffs available? Can be a bit unpleasant on throats, breathing v cold air. I can remember when I was a kid sometimes my bedroom window iced up so much on the inside I couldn't see out. Cue 4 Yorkshiremen sketch...

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I should be out now as I'm feeling a bit better, I'll be in my hammock in the garden to be off the ground.
Unfortunately no booze as I'm halfway through my anti biotics for this chest infection which I feel is getting a bit better.
Good idea with the fire pit Mark think I'll do that too.
I've got Runrig's farewell concert at 7pm which is streaming to watch, so I'll log into Zoom after that.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

gairym wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:22 pm Do we think -2°c is too cold to include the kids?
In my experience it’s fine if you don’t tell them. At last year’s WRT I woke up early and was surprised to see Y Star inn surrounded by a gentle covering of snow. I Said nowt to little John norris :-bd
He did twig when the water bottles were frozen the next morning, just act surprised :-bd

It’s not lying, it’s protection from being soft. :???:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Have you seen that the NHS have jumped on our bandwagon?

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/campi ... aise-money
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

JohnClimber wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 pm I should be out now as I'm feeling a bit better, I'll be in my hammock in the garden to be off the ground.
Unfortunately no booze as I'm halfway through my anti biotics for this chest infection which I feel is getting a bit better.
I've got Runrig's farewell concert at 7pm which is streaming to watch, so I'll log into Zoom after that.
Runrig is on for 3 hours John
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I don't know if I'll be able to get to my spot by 7 :lol: when I go for a local bivi I don't usually leave home until nearly 9 and I can still run out of land before bed time.

If I'm not on the call I'll still be spending the night out, I'll get some pictures as proof, which will be easier than normal as I won't be getting up in the dark like normal.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

TheBrownDog wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:11 am Ok Backyard Boners, VBAM is on.

Tomorrow night. 7pm. ZOOM is saying there is a 40 minute limit so I've scheduled a 2nd one using the same ID for 7.30pm if anyone feels they haven't had the chance to speak their mind in the first one.

Below is the ZOOM meeting ID.

I think you use this link to join on a pooter.
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/7992444539

And this is what you put into the app on your phone. I think.
Meeting ID: 799 244 4539

If it all goes boobs up, then so be it. At least w'd have had a go at getting the band together in, as I am sick of hearing, these challenging time. Looking forward to this.

I clicked the link and it took me to the app...
barney

Post by barney »

bugger, I thought it was Saturday night and not Friday night.

I'll Zoom myself in the garden tonight instead. :lol:
Wait for me...
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

It is Saturday night isn't it? The zoom link was posted on Friday and says it's tomorrow?
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
barney

Post by barney »

oh thanks Sean, I've got some funny times showing on posts which explains it. When I just checked it said it was on "tomorrow" but that post date was Thursday.

See you all later! :-bd
Wait for me...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

ScotRoutes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:19 am
JohnClimber wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 pm I should be out now as I'm feeling a bit better, I'll be in my hammock in the garden to be off the ground.
Runrig is on for 3 hours John
And now it's been postponed while they sort out some international copyright issues.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Thursday/tomorrow - I'm completely confused now. I thought it's next Tuesday because the bins are out but it seems to be the day before yesterday because the neighbour's washing their car.

Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Is anyone heading up the Tourmalet first? I'll be at the bottom in about an hour - I'm virtually sat outside a cafe with too many pastries and a great coffee - pretty decent ride here so far.

www.bkool.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXT3JFuifS8

If you are riding past me, I'm the one in the BB jersey.