Has 5G just been launched

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

and is there a link to all this current climate?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:22 am

Yes
No votes
No
67%
Don't know nor care
No votes
Do care but don't know
33%

Total votes: 3
redefined_cycles

Has 5G just been launched

Post by redefined_cycles »

Just got a vid through whatsapp/telegram with a chap (lets call him Steve) doing a rant talking about him passing through the M25 and seeing lots of birds dying and dead around Kent. He's claiming theres a link between 5G having been turned on etc etc...

Then a quick search brought this page up as an example https://strangesounds.org/2020/02/hundr ... video.html for similar things seen around the Catalonia highways...

Anyone got any thoughts or seen/heard/read anything similar...

Dunno, but sounds like everythings not as clearcut!
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitestone

Re: Has 5G just been launched

Post by whitestone »

What I find curious about the "wireless energy/radiation" scare along with the "power lines causing cancer/migraines/etc" is that it's mainly in the UK and US. Strange that microwave ovens don't cause the same problems despite being in the same spectrum.

I'll get my (tin foil) coat.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Boab

Post by Boab »

Given that it's all in the same electromagnetic spectrum, I'm surprised these tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy theorists don't have a problem with the sun...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Ha ha ha, you do know April 1st isn't until next week?. The Catalan road in question runs about 100m from a vast petrochemicals site which has ethylene crackers owned by Repsol, BASF, Exxon etc, we go that way to the builder's merchant and there's times when the smell is pretty pungent. There was an explosion there a few weeks ago which killed 2 and blew windows out in a 5km radius. I'm no expert,( in fact I am having spent most of my working life in such plants) but I'd guess that's the cause.
I used to carry several passes that allowed me access to Grangemouth, Wilton, Carrington and Runcorn chemical sites having sat through the safety inductions. I was once chatting to one of the managers and asked him what was his most useful bit of PPE, his reply was a pair of trainers for if this place goes up, the only protection is to run like fcuk.
redefined_cycles

pistonbroke wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 am Ha ha ha, you do know April 1st isn't until next week?. The Catalan road in question runs about 100m from a vast petrochemicals site which has ethylene crackers owned by Repsol, BASF, Exxon etc, we go that way to the builder's merchant and there's times when the smell is pretty pungent. There was an explosion there a few weeks ago which killed 2 and blew windows out in a 5km radius. I'm no expert,( in fact I am having spent most of my working life in such plants) but I'd guess that's the cause.
I used to carry several passes that allowed me access to Grangemouth, Wilton, Carrington and Runcorn chemical sites having sat through the safety inductions. I was once chatting to one of the managers and asked him what was his most useful bit of PPE, his reply was a pair of trainers for if this place goes up, the only protection is to run like fcuk.
Thanks for this :-bd

I always try to keep an open mind (especially since the previous times of world crisis I always saw the BS they was feeding us) so thought to put it out there :smile:... sorry. I'm also not seeing the situation on the ground (like the places I'm going to work are totally dead where they should have had at least 50 percent bed occupancy) that we keep expecting hence... anyway. Hey ho and I'll put up my next item up for grabs for the needy this eve (something I know for certain)
jameso

Post by jameso »

Some others are saying 5G caused Coronavirus... :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

pistonbroke wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 am pair of trainers for if this place goes up, the only protection is to run like fcuk.
:lol: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
NewRetroTom

Post by NewRetroTom »

There's a big difference between "keeping an open mind" and entertaining batshit crazy stuff like this for more than a couple of seconds.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

NewRetroTom wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm There's a big difference between "keeping an open mind" and entertaining batshit crazy stuff like this for more than a couple of seconds.
:-bd
redefined_cycles

johnnystorm wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:47 pm
NewRetroTom wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm There's a big difference between "keeping an open mind" and entertaining batshit crazy stuff like this for more than a couple of seconds.
:-bd
:-bd agreed/topic closed...

Thanks PistonBroke for that clarification earlier btw
tobasco

Post by tobasco »

I spoke to a guy recently who was adamant he could feel ‘the energy’ when satellites passed over and it gave him migraine. He was stuck for an answer how he coped with living under geostationary and refused to reconsider when I popped up a live map showing we are permanently under many tens/hundreds of satellites. All this global lockdown is just going to see more of this stuff.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

~X(

Not going to comment further.
touch

Post by touch »

It's not 5G, the dead birds due to the CORVID-19 virus.
Cyclepeasant

Post by Cyclepeasant »

Damn! Ruined my Rook flu joke! :sad:
Insanity over vanity
Gari

Post by Gari »

K1100T wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am Given that it's all in the same electromagnetic spectrum, I'm surprised these tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy theorists don't have a problem with the sun...
I do, but I am/was ginger😁
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Nope, its just the Aliens