Bargain Alert Thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Landslide
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Landslide » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:28 am

Genesis sample sale, including quite a few Vagabonds.

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/clearance/b ... rer=231502

boxelder
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by boxelder » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 am

Exposure lights have a sale of cosmetic seconds etc in their outlet store.
£200 for Diablo + support cell for me - which won't be used for months no doubt.

redefined_cycles
Posts: 3871
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:19 am
Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by redefined_cycles » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:09 pm

boxelder wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 am
Exposure lights have a sale of cosmetic seconds etc in their outlet store.
£200 for Diablo + support cell for me - which won't be used for months no doubt.
Hmmm. This is becoming more an expensive thread everyday :o

Toro or the 6 pack... ?? Decisions, decisions... will be used for both mtb multi day trips as well as some road commuting and might finally be able to sell on my MTBbatts Luemnator

User avatar
JohnClimber
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by JohnClimber » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:21 pm

£83.70 for the blue Outdry jacket some of us swear by

Use the code HAPPYHOURS today to get the extra 10% off the price on this link tonight only.

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/ ... _color=464

User avatar
ScotRoutes
Posts: 5929
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Cairngorms
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by ScotRoutes » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:27 pm

Ah yes, the Columbia "reign" jacket.


That's never gonna get old :lol:

oreocereus
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:20 am

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by oreocereus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:38 am

What’s the weight of the “reign”? I’ve used one of their discontinued hiking models, which I liked until fell apart after about a year of regular use.

Lazarus
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:49 am

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Lazarus » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:38 am

the titanium i own is 300 g ish - possibly under [ batteries are going offon my scales so cannot be certain.
It does not pack small like a pacamac[its not huge either] but by god they are good in use - i would tend to take it by wearing it though rather than packing it

User avatar
ScotRoutes
Posts: 5929
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Cairngorms
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by ScotRoutes » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:34 am

I have the EX Gold Techshell (Small) and that weighs in at 354g. I think the Reign is supposed to be lighter? But then there's also this...

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/ ... 89882.html

190g in a Medium apparently (no pit-zips though)

User avatar
JohnClimber
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by JohnClimber » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:47 pm

oreocereus wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:38 am
What’s the weight of the “reign”? I’ve used one of their discontinued hiking models, which I liked until fell apart after about a year of regular use.
My Titanium medium size jacket weighs in at 405 grams, it's about 4 years old now, gets hosed down or trod in in the shower when dirty and it still looks and works like new

User avatar
Jurassic
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Helensburgh, Scotland.

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Jurassic » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:10 pm

ScotRoutes wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:34 am
But then there's also this...

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/ ... 89882.html

190g in a Medium apparently (no pit-zips though)
I have the previous version of that (it was advertised as being suitable for fell runners etc) and it's pretty good. Packs small and you can open the chest pockets to vent it if you're not using them for storing stuff. The only thing I'd say is that it may wear more quickly than the full fat version if you habitually ride with a backpack on. I wouldn't descrube the fabric as flimsy compared to other waterproof breathables but it is a lighter weight than the fabric used in the Outdry mountain jackets.

User avatar
ScotRoutes
Posts: 5929
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Cairngorms
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by ScotRoutes » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:14 pm

Jurassic wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:10 pm
ScotRoutes wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:34 am
But then there's also this...

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/ ... 89882.html

190g in a Medium apparently (no pit-zips though)
I have the previous version of that (it was advertised as being suitable for fell runners etc) and it's pretty good. Packs small and you can open the chest pockets to vent it if you're not using them for storing stuff. The only thing I'd say is that it may wear more quickly than the full fat version if you habitually ride with a backpack on. I wouldn't descrube the fabric as flimsy compared to other waterproof breathables but it is a lighter weight than the fabric used in the Outdry mountain jackets.
Cool. That's exactly how I imagined it might be. Good to get confirmation.

User avatar
Jurassic
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:46 am
Location: Helensburgh, Scotland.

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Jurassic » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:19 pm

ScotRoutes wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:14 pm
Jurassic wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:10 pm
ScotRoutes wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:34 am
But then there's also this...

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/ ... 89882.html

190g in a Medium apparently (no pit-zips though)
I have the previous version of that (it was advertised as being suitable for fell runners etc) and it's pretty good. Packs small and you can open the chest pockets to vent it if you're not using them for storing stuff. The only thing I'd say is that it may wear more quickly than the full fat version if you habitually ride with a backpack on. I wouldn't descrube the fabric as flimsy compared to other waterproof breathables but it is a lighter weight than the fabric used in the Outdry mountain jackets.
Cool. That's exactly how I imagined it might be. Good to get confirmation.
Oh another good feature that I've just remembered is that the hood fits over a bike helmet if you get caught in a downpour. It's something I never imagined that I'd do but actually proved very handy last year while monsoonbikepacking in Moidart/Ardnamurchan.

User avatar
K1100T
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by K1100T » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 am

Charliecres wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:21 am
50% off Aussie Grit clothing https://aussiegritapparel.com/

I’ve just bought a couple of gilets and a jersey and They seem very good for the price.
Looks like there was a reason why everything was bargain basement...
After a challenging period for us at Aussie Grit Apparel it is with a heavy heart that we have taken the decision to close the business.
I like beer. 🍻

voodoo_simon
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by voodoo_simon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:58 pm


User avatar
JohnClimber
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by JohnClimber » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Lauf True Grit full bike builds now 25% to 37% cheaper.
Now much more realistic in their prices

https://www.laufcycling.com/product/direct-to-you

User avatar
ScotRoutes
Posts: 5929
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:56 am
Location: Cairngorms
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by ScotRoutes » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:08 pm

JohnClimber wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:31 pm

Now much more realistic in their prices

LOL - that's one opinion :lol:

User avatar
Richpips
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:57 pm
Location: Peak District

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Richpips » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:23 pm

There’s a son 28 bolt through hub and some k-lite lights on eBay at the moment (not mine)

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 18576
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Neoair Xlite, £73 down from £170.

https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/3507 ... ellow.html
#corporate shill for hire

User avatar
macinblack
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by macinblack » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:26 pm
Neoair Xlite, £73 down from £170.

https://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/3507 ... ellow.html
They went quick.

User avatar
UnderTheRadars
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:12 pm
Location: Stourbridge/North Col of North Worcestershire Alps

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by UnderTheRadars » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:42 pm

40% off High Five hydration stuff

https://highfive.co.uk/collections/summer-hydration
Image

User avatar
Shewie
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:27 pm
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Shewie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:22 pm

A couple of SMD shelters on ebay, I know they're popular on here ..

Lunar Solo
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293641992432?ul_noapp=true

Gatewood Cape
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114295472989?ul_noapp=true

User avatar
RIP
Posts: 4109
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: Seat 23, Coach H, 08.05 Leighton Buzzard - Euston
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by RIP » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Well spotted. Almost had a try for the Gatewood, but then noted that it's probably the older heavier version: "Weight 430g ".
"There comes a time in your life Ponsonby, when you think: 'My God, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

"It is in the petty details, not in the great results, that the interest of existence lies" - JKJ

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 18576
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Well spotted. Almost had a try for the Gatewood, but then noted that it's probably the older heavier version: "Weight 430g ".
Mine's the older one Reg and it's nowhere near that weight. The seller's included those hefty looking pegs in with their stated weight - they must be 100g.
#corporate shill for hire

User avatar
RIP
Posts: 4109
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 pm
Location: Seat 23, Coach H, 08.05 Leighton Buzzard - Euston
Contact:

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by RIP » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:17 pm

Ta. I think (s)he's hedging though - mentioned something like "Revision: this may well be the older one" in their spiel....

I'm passing anyroad. Only 1 bid so far though.
"There comes a time in your life Ponsonby, when you think: 'My God, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

"It is in the petty details, not in the great results, that the interest of existence lies" - JKJ

User avatar
99percentchimp
Posts: 989
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:46 pm
Location: North Wales!

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by 99percentchimp » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:13 pm

JohnClimber wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:21 pm
£83.70 for the blue Outdry jacket some of us swear by

Use the code HAPPYHOURS today to get the extra 10% off the price on this link tonight only.

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/ ... _color=464
What’s the fit like on these... snug and size up or not? Thinking for layering over warm layers for winter night riding. They have XL and XXL in blue and reaching my full lockdown weight :wink:
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/

Post Reply