Bargain Alert Thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by jameso »

Jurassic pusher wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:57 am Jones specific 135/142 front hubs (Suit the earlier models) 30 euros each from Justpedal NL the last one I bought from Charlie blkemonger was over £150. Only any good if you have a Jones though!!
:-bd I have, and I was mulling over a set of wheels with a black rear hub I have but the front was the £££ bit. Thanks.

Browsing stuff on there makes me realise how daft the 'Jones Tax' has got. I bought Paul Comp Whubs not that long ago for £170 and those Jones-branded hubs, OK they're low volume, aren't off the shelf parts and are made by good a supplier in Taiwan, but £150 seems bonkers.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Those Jones hubs are they rear spaced or front spaced for the brake rotor, or a special jones standard.
Would they fit in a front spaced 135 qr fat bike is what i suppose i am asking.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Jones hubs are front disc spacing with rear 135 width.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Jurassic pusher wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:57 am Jones specific 135/142 front hubs (Suit the earlier models) 30 euros each from Justpedal NL the last one I bought from Charlie blkemonger was over £150. Only any good if you have a Jones though!!
Thank you. I've just bought the 3 black ones they had in stock.
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

Pirahna wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 pm
Thank you. I've just bought the 3 black ones they had in stock.
its a deal too good to pass up, I thought I was being extravagant buying 2!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Jurassic pusher wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:49 am
There's 2 Jones in the house, one with a 29er front and one with a plus front. I have plans for all 3 hubs.
Jurassic pusher

Post by Jurassic pusher »

Pirahna wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:37 am
Jurassic pusher wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:49 am
There's 2 Jones in the house, one with a 29er front and one with a plus front. I have plans for all 3 hubs.
I am planning to build up a 26" full fat front , the other hub is going on a shelf!
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Just had an email in from SPOT.

Is this any help to anyone on here.

It reads

LIMITED TIME OFFER

Activate your SPOT Gen3 for 50% OFF

THAT'S 6 MONTHS FOR FREE!*

ENTER THE PROMO CODE BELOW WHEN ACTIVATING:

GEN350FREE

DON'T WAIT! Your promo code is only VALID UNTIL 30/09/20.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Same. Handy as I wanted it for my BB200 attempt.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Kind of a bargain alert. If you are after some humongous 29+ tyres, Crux Duros are available from unicycle.co.uk. - https://www.unicycle.co.uk/unicycle-par ... -tyre.html at 'only' £45 a pop which is half the price that Jones bikes were selling them for a few years ago (and half the price of many plus tyres). They aren't officially tubeless ready but go up tubeless no bother I'm assured. Heavy but big and knobbly, which is always a good thing.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Polaris have AM Vapour jackets reduced down to £34.99 (plus p&p) at the moment. I've been watching these humming and hahhing for a while at the previous sale price of £44.99 so when the price dropped another tenner I had to take the plunge. The jacket came this morning and seems really nice (for cold and or wet conditions) and the reviews that I managed to find online were largely positive. Sizing and fit is very similar to the AM Enduro jacket previously recommended on here by Scotroutes.
holdsteady

Post by holdsteady »

Jurassic wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:14 pm Polaris have AM Vapour jackets reduced down to £34.99 (plus p&p) at the moment. I've been watching these humming and hahhing for a while at the previous sale price of £44.99 so when the price dropped another tenner I had to take the plunge. The jacket came this morning and seems really nice (for cold and or wet conditions) and the reviews that I managed to find online were largely positive. Sizing and fit is very similar to the AM Enduro jacket previously recommended on here by Scotroutes.
I was about to buy one of the Blue AM
Enduro ones and was feeling a sense of de ja vu - it was only when I tried to register my email address and the site said I was already registered that I checked and found I’d ordered the exact same jacket in Jan 2019 and found it languishing at the back of my wardrobe still in its packaging :oops: :oops: think it was too tight when I bought it, anyway wore it on a quick 30 mile blast last night and it was great, was about to buy another but it’s sold out in my size
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

holdsteady wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:07 pm
Jurassic wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:14 pm Polaris have AM Vapour jackets reduced down to £34.99 (plus p&p) at the moment. I've been watching these humming and hahhing for a while at the previous sale price of £44.99 so when the price dropped another tenner I had to take the plunge. The jacket came this morning and seems really nice (for cold and or wet conditions) and the reviews that I managed to find online were largely positive. Sizing and fit is very similar to the AM Enduro jacket previously recommended on here by Scotroutes.
I was about to buy one of the Blue AM
Enduro ones and was feeling a sense of de ja vu - it was only when I tried to register my email address and the site said I was already registered that I checked and found I’d ordered the exact same jacket in Jan 2019 and found it languishing at the back of my wardrobe still in its packaging :oops: :oops: think it was too tight when I bought it, anyway wore it on a quick 30 mile blast last night and it was great, was about to buy another but it’s sold out in my size
Yeah the Enduro jackets are great for colder weather and to my eyes don't actually look too enduroee to use on the road or on an xc type mountain bike. The Vapour is a different type of jacket but I'm looking forward to trying it out when things get a little cooler.
ir_bandito

Post by ir_bandito »

Sportspursuit have the Shimano Transit waterproof jacket for £75 (50% off). For once, they appear to have a full range of sizes too. If I hadn't recently got and Endura MT500, I'd be tempted.
jay91

Post by jay91 »

Garmin on Amazon prime day
Etrex etc

://www.amazon.co.uk/deal/de49cebb/ref=gbmg ... d=de49cebb
Trying to ride bikes.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

jay91 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 am Garmin on Amazon prime day
Etrex etc

://www.amazon.co.uk/deal/de49cebb/ref=gbmg ... d=de49cebb
Ooh, ta
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Any one looking for a new down jacket cumulus incredilite jackets going for £122 at rock and run
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Outdry jacket
Down to £140 then take another 15% extra off with the code HAPPPYWEEKEND

https://www.columbiasportswear.co.uk/p/ ... 845&pos=28
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Gah! Thanks for nothing John :wink:
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Black's have thermolite liners for £26 in the sale. Weight is 420g
https://www.blacks.co.uk/15979526/oex-f ... r-15979526
Squirrelking

Post by Squirrelking »

Trespass are selling tons of last seasons kit off for buttons, I got a DLX soft shell for £30 (from £150) and 3 layer jacket for £70(from £230), both 10000mm/5000mvp. Plenty of stock in all sizes from what I can see, it's all online I think as neither Braehead stores had anything I was after.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

CRC seem to have some reasonable deals inc' the Edge 1030 for £299 which I assume is a good price?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/r-pm/blackfriday
May the bridges you burn light your way
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

If you spend £100 on other stuff, you can get a NeoAir xLite for £65 at Rock and Run. Valid until tomorrow

https://rockrun.com/products/thermarest ... gular-2019
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:28 pm CRC seem to have some reasonable deals inc' the Edge 1030 for £299 which I assume is a good price?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/r-pm/blackfriday
It is. I'm actually hoping to grab the plus for a good price as I can forget about my battery anxiety then. :lol:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

It's 'singles day' in China - 11/11 - so there are discounts on Aliexpress, in case you were after anything