Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by JohnClimber »

Not a bargain but the perfect Bear Bones Panda powerbank

Reg buy yours now
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B8KLHVX/ ... NrPXRydWU=
Boab

Post by Boab »

Wiggle appear to have finally discounted the dhb Aeron Lab XC clothing again. The bib shorts are down to a slightly more palatable £110 and the s/s top to £70... These are the ones that feature, Dyneema® outer panels for exceptional resistance to abrasion, handy for those pesky brambles, or if you fall off a lot.

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

15% off "most things" at Backpackinglight.se at the moment (code NSS15) according to the email flyer I just got. Not sure how badly any orders will be affected post Brexit though.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

This is probably not the right place to post this but it did involve a bargain at one point.

So I spot a bike come up on ebay, it's been on my saved searches for about eighteen months, it's a really tidy example with one owner and very low mileage, sub 100 miles actually. It was more or less new apart from it looked like it had fallen over once and scuffed the chainstay and one of the shifters, but I could live with that, it's the right size, colour and has a few bonus mods too.

My ebay tactic has always been to wait until the last 30 seconds and chuck in my top price, if I win, happy days, if not it's no biggy, I'd rather not get drawn into a bidding war so have a sensible number in my head from the start, especially on big ticket items.

It's a bargain at first, they usually are, and then as the week goes by it starts to gather some interest, one or two bidders are really keen and between them the price soon hikes, it becomes less of a bargain but still attractive, I quietly wait in the shadows.
I get an email reminder, the item you are watching ends in one hour, okay I've got plenty of time, I do some stuff in the house but that hour can't go fast enough, I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. Ten minutes to go, I'll go and make a brew and stick the footy on, three minutes to go, best log into my ebay account on the laptop and get ready to claim my new ride. Logs in, watched items, where is it?

Item has ended ~X(

Checks email on phone, the clock is still ticking down on the auction link, there's still a minute to go, checks PC, item ended eight minutes ago, WTF? Checks phone, checks PC, checks phone, emails seller asking why the hell they closed it early, he didn't.

The auction expired on time, no more bids in the last three minutes, the bike sold for nearly £300 less than my offer would've been, wounded. :sad:

The search goes on but I'll probably just buy a new one in October if there are any groupsets this side of the continent by then.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Google 'auction sniper'. Its basically cheating and a lot less fun than your approach, but you'll never miss the end of an auction again.
RIP

Post by RIP »

JohnClimber wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:14 pm Not a bargain but the perfect Bear Bones Panda powerbank

Reg buy yours now
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B8KLHVX/ ... NrPXRydWU=
That's ace JC. Consider it purchased!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

RIP wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:19 pm That's ace JC. Consider it purchased!
If anyone was going to get suckered in it had to be you mate :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

JohnClimber wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:20 pm
RIP wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:19 pm That's ace JC. Consider it purchased!
If anyone was going to get suckered in it had to be you mate :-bd
More suckers than an octopus me! I actually do need a new one as it happens.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Just stick in your highest bid as soon as you see the item you want?
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

You know them posh £120 chairs that some carry.
I've got one from Ali Express.

But ALDI now have them for just £17.99, and they have a base piece of material to help the legs from sinking in the ground

techno

Post by techno »

Richard G

Post by Richard G »

techno wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:40 pm five ten trailcross pro mid £110 https://www.scotbycycles.co.uk/collecti ... king-shoes
Really tempted to try those, but still a bit rich for my blood.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Richard G wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:52 pm
techno wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:40 pm five ten trailcross pro mid £110 https://www.scotbycycles.co.uk/collecti ... king-shoes
Really tempted to try those, but still a bit rich for my blood.
I have the Trailcross LTs and now wish that I'd held out for the mids (they were out of stock everywhere in my size at the time I was buying). The LTs are excellent for summer riding as they're made of mesh meaning cool feet and quick drying. The flip side is that in colder weather (even when wearing waterproof socks) I end up with cold feet. I do suffer with cold feet generally though.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Seem to be £105 on Wiggle, at least for me (not sure if they're discounted for Platinum or for everyone).

Tempted to order a pair to try on / return.
techno

Post by techno »

Richard G wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:40 pm Seem to be £105 on Wiggle, at least for me (not sure if they're discounted for Platinum or for everyone).

Tempted to order a pair to try on / return.
dang it!!!!
edit: they dont have my (clown shoe) size so screw it :-bd
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

If you go through quidco and use the adidas app there is 20% off all full price items and an extra 10% of reduced ones iirc.

Also giroclothing30 will get you 30% off at Giro.co.uk (if it hasn't already been mentioned)
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I tried the Adidas app thing, but the Trailcross shoes were excluded from that offer. Cheapest I could find for the LT version was Millets, using code DDS15 for 15% off.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Yeah, from what I was told they were excluding all cycling gear from the Adidas offer.
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Richard G wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:17 pm Yeah, from what I was told they were excluding all cycling gear from the Adidas offer.
That's weird. I just tried the trailcross XT and apponly20 worked but didn't on the trailcross mid...

*edit* If you search for "FIVETEN" you can then filter the results by "extra 20% off", it let me take another 20% off some women's freerider pros that already had 40% off. Limited sizes of course...
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Brynje super thermo short sleeve base layers in all sizes for 22.99 posted on ebay. I've bought one, so will report back as and when it turns up....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brynje-Of-No ... 635-2958-0
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

55% off High5 electrolyte tabs because of old packaging. Got some today and best before date is July 2022.

https://highfive.co.uk/products/zero-xt ... 5810571336
May satan walk with you
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

JohnClimber wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:42 am You know them posh £120 chairs that some carry.
I've got one from Ali Express.

But ALDI now have them for just £17.99, and they have a base piece of material to help the legs from sinking in the ground

Thanks, picked up one today to try out
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

The missus is after a new properly-waterproof waterproof for general duties (she doesn't really cycle). Unisex or women-specific but probably not pink. :roll: She's 5'2".

She wants something ethical, that she can wear all year round so not silly-light but lightish that she can layer up underneath in the winter. She usually likes something slightly longer to keep her arse dry too. :lol:

Price not really a barrier as long as we'll get years of service out of it, but if I can get a chunk off an expensive item that would be a bonus.

Anybody spotted any bargains?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Dee got a couple of Outdry jackets not so long ago ... she's proper fussy and likes them well enough.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:03 am Dee got a couple of Outdry jackets not so long ago ... she's proper fussy and likes them well enough.
I've got an Outdry and the boss doesn't like the binbag look unfortunately.