Bargain Alert Thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slarge

Re: Bargain Alert Thread

Post by slarge »

Borderer wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:57 pm
slarge wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:10 pm Exposure are selling off a load of 2nds and stuff - some good bargains to be had (Flash for £16)
Can you tell me more about this light? It looks interesting but there isn't enough detail on the listing for me. It says "Powered by either a disposable or rechargeable CR123 battery" does this mean that you have to buy the battery separately? Do you have to charge the battery out of the light?
Yes it’s the older version that has a separate cr123 battery. These are normally camera batteries and either rechargeable or disposable. I did think (as I didn’t check) that I was getting the usb rechargeable version but it isn’t that!! Exposure have stopped listing these now as I think they are selling rechargeable only lights. Not quite sure which is better for the environment though
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Backpackinglight.se has got gate wood capes up for £128 , if you buy make sure you change the currency on the website so PayPal don’t charge for exchange rate, posted the same this time last year and between us we bought nearly all his stock
RIP

Post by RIP »

Cheers MaM! Blimey they've got all sorts of stuff haven't they. £128..... argh.......

Just trying to brush up my Swedish so I can navigate it!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

RIP wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:52 am Cheers MaM! Blimey they've got all sorts of stuff haven't they. £128..... argh.......

Just trying to brush up my Swedish so I can navigate it!
Click the menu button reg it should have a drop down for language and the bottom one for currency, you know you want one after stroking mine :shock:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ta!

Yes I did enjoy stroking yours after you'd erected it in the woods that night just for my pleasure :grin: .
Last edited by RIP on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

RIP wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:42 pm Ta!

Yes I did enjoy stroking yours after you'd erected it in the woods that night :grin: .
So a gatewood cape (or dechutes if you're 7ft) is the way forward then. Is that your final answer please Reg... If you're getting one then I want one too :lol:
middleagedmadness

Shaf I’ve just had a barrage of text messages of Reg saying it’s all my fault why he’s had to dip into his pension pot again
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

middleagedmadness wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:55 pm Shaf I’ve just had a barrage of text messages of Reg saying it’s all my fault why he’s had to dip into his pension pot again
Aye, there goes that new cardigan he had been saving for since 1987.....
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Oops.
My payment finger just slipped...
middleagedmadness

Borderer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:01 pm
middleagedmadness wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:55 pm Shaf I’ve just had a barrage of text messages of Reg saying it’s all my fault why he’s had to dip into his pension pot again
Apparently it’s quite well known around his way that he still has his communion money :wink:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Serves him right... Almost convinced me I needed a Ghost Whisperer for half price (which was super cheap to be fair) but I resisted and my scratty Rab (owned by someone on the forum now but on long term loan to me until its death) lives on... It's only 50% heavier but at least it's long term testing going on with it (how long before it dies)...

Too many brackets, I know. English was never my atrong point! Reg, I hope you manage to get the momey together for the sweater...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Borderer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:01 pm
Stobbit missus!

I'll have you know I get my cardies from Oxfam. They often leave the rejected ones outside the back door.

Richard G

Post by Richard G »

That's a strange beast. Am I right in thinking it's a poncho that turns into a tarp-tent?
RIP

Post by RIP »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:23 pm I needed a Ghost Whisperer for half price
You did...
but I resisted
bad luck :grin: .

RIP

Post by RIP »

Richard G wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:33 pm That's a strange beast. Am I right in thinking it's a poncho that turns into a tarp-tent?
Nah, other way round :wink: .

I can't believe I've just paid good money for a shelter with a big hole in it.

I'm a dead man when Mrs Perrin gets home.

RIP

Post by RIP »

redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:52 pm I want one too :lol:
It's easy. Just press that button. Landslide did it by mistake (*). Actually, I say "paid good money" but I haven't paid anything!

Right that's me doing beans on toast for the next month.

(*) that's right isn't it Chris? :smile:
Last edited by RIP on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP

Post by RIP »

Half of them have gone already - they should be giving us Boners Discount! (Or some commission for MaM).

Oh good grief, of course I need a blasted pole now as well don't I. I've got thousands of the bloody things already but I'll bet none fit - how long does it have to be peeps?

middleagedmadness

RIP wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:42 pm Half of them have gone already - they should be giving us Boners Discount! (Or some commission for MaM).

Oh good grief, of course I need a blasted pole now as well don't I. I've got thousands of the bloody things already but I'll bet none fit - how long does it have to be peeps?
No reg you just ask Stu for a extender
Same happened last year Reg , I got the email asked Stu a few questions then bought one , put it in this thread next thing he’s sold out , think Mike got the last one at that price last year
Last edited by middleagedmadness on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Looks like SMD recommend ~125cm.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Lets hope his stockcontrol is better than some UK sites (I'm looking at you PX/OO) otherwise there's going to be some disgruntled folks on here. Imagine if only half of those ordering received them.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ta chaps. Still can't believe I've bought a shelter with a door. I'll never live it down. Not bought any gear for ages, and don't want anything, so it's all down to a moment of (Ma)Madness.

RIP

Post by RIP »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:01 pm Imagine if only half of those ordering received them.
Hence why I didn't pay for it :smile: .

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Looks like SMD recommend ~125cm.
Nope. 125cm is for the Lunar. Cape's a different beast, you need around 115cm with a tip to fit into the harness eyelet at the top.
May the bridges you burn light your way
middleagedmadness

RIP wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:04 pm
Cheeky Monkey wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:01 pm Imagine if only half of those ordering received them.
Hence why I didn't pay for it :smile: .
Stock control last year was bang on everybody got one , Mike had to wait a little longer as they’d lost his order
benp1

Post by benp1 »

RIP wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:03 pm Ta chaps. Still can't believe I've bought a shelter with a door. I'll never live it down. Not bought any gear for ages, and don't want anything, so it's all down to a moment of (Ma)Madness.
Apart from the down jacket right? Which you didn't need when we were discussing... :shock: