Project Virus

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dave Barter

Re: Project Virus

Post by Dave Barter »

macinblack wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:45 pm
Dave Barter wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am I am learning to play "Painkiller" by Judas Priest on my guitar which is one hell of a workout.

Being a home worker anyway I'm doing a lot more hours which is sh1te.
If you can do the vocals too Dave, you can have a big sloppy kiss.
I'll get Helen to give me a good kick in the nuts, that should do the trick
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Working from home :smile: Well I run a farm and various add ons even more so solo at present, so in that respect nothing has changed. Slightly jealous of all the folk I see cruising around on bikes in the sun and knocking through their odd jobs at home, but I imagine the stress of not having your income/fate to some extent not in your hands counter acts that.
Also working outside/open space in general is even more of a blessing in these times
The one thing I'll certainly never run out of is projects!

I'm just hoping I can get through the planting of spring crops without anything major breaking, as the supply chain for parts etc is closing up
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:26 pm Out of interest, who is actually and actively working from home and who's just at home?
I'm working from home - online meetings are gradually getting more disciplined than the office based ones.

IT department are working really hard to address multiple issues related to remote working (access to various servers, etc)

It's not working out too bad, so far, but I guess we've got a long time to work on it.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Apart from learning to wheelie and a few odd jobs around the house.
My main plan is to work on retiring in September.
In fact if all goes to plan I'm hoping that when we do go back I'll just clear my desk after handing in my notice the month before by email..
So there's a slight chance that I could actually be retired right now.
ootini

Post by ootini »

I'm working from home, as in "proper" working from home. Currently doing something like 10-11 hour days. If anything, I'm a lot busier right now.
Boab

Post by Boab »

The new commute takes ages... 🤣

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
RIP

Post by RIP »

There's some blooming big containers in that there 'office' KT. Far too big for a few pens, paperclips, post-it notes and printer cartridges. Looks suspiciously like a stash of hoarded loo rolls to me :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Boab

Post by Boab »

RIP wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:54 am Looks suspiciously like a stash of hoarded loo rolls to me :wink: .
If only... 🤣 In reality, they are 30 litre plastic fermentation buckets full of grain for brewing.
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

K1100T wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 am The new commute takes ages... 🤣

Impressed you got a standy uppy desk in there. :-bd
Boab

Post by Boab »

Taylor wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:01 am Impressed you got a standy uppy desk in there. :-bd
Had to take the legs off to get it into the car when bringing it home from the office! Also had to chuck a load of stuff out to fit it into the shed... 🤣
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I'm working from home - full on 10-hour shifts from the dining room table, but I'll need to head into the office at some point next week and will have a "permission to travel" letter from my employer confirming I'm a key worker. Hopefully I won't need it, but it's there just in case there's a road block at the Clyde Tunnel... It all feels pretty dystopian, although I understand and support the measures in place. I'm not that keen on going out at all (apart from my daily Government Approved Exercise of course), but at least I can drive directly to the office and isolate myself in the building which is now mainly empty.

Day off today though, so I'm indulging in a bit of light home schooling which has been quite good fun so far.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:26 pm Out of interest, who is actually and actively working from home and who's just at home?
Yes working from home - not pretending to work - but full-on proper working.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Working from home...it's complete and utter carnage for VPN, firewall and VoIP engineers right now.

Greetz

S.
trob6

Post by trob6 »

I'm a furniture maker so difficult to work from home but my workshop is a 7 minute walk and I don't have to touch anything on the way, I work alone apart from my 73 year old Dad who I have banned from the workshop and wont let him come closer than 2 meters to me. I lock the gate and its just me.
I have a kitchen and a tv/stereo cabinet to make and have all the materials in stock so can work for the next 4 to 5 weeks and then I don't know.
What's the worst than can happen?
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

A club mate has been posting on our Whatsapp group. He works doing road stuff and has spent the last couple of weeks building hard standings for refrigerated artic trailers.

Stay safe peeps.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Got the nod yesterday I'm one of 40 drivers who've volunteered to
Carry on working whilst the rest are furloughed so will be on full pay
So creating a side account for my next frame purchase (98%on that)
We'll be moving the vulnerable and serving the local hospitals but
Staying safe at the same time :-bd
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Full on WFH here. Quite a strange experience as I'm used to working as part of design teams where everyone collaborates all the time.
Microsoft Teams has turned out to be really useful! Trying to stick to working a 'normal' 7-5 day and get out for a run/ride with my once a day Boris pass.