GoPro Hero 2 Wont Turn On

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

GoPro Hero 2 Wont Turn On

Post by sean_iow »

I have a Hero 2 that I've not used in a while, maybe 2 years. When I went to use it the other day it wouldn't turn on. I've charged a battery up using the battery backpack but still nothing. It was working last time it was used, obviously, and then put back in a storage case so it's not been dropped or got damp.

Any ideas? Is there an internal battery that's separate from the removable one that could have gone dead flat and wont take a charge?
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
sean_iow

Re: GoPro Hero 2 Wont Turn On

Post by sean_iow »

After some searching I've actually found an answer for this.

https://aaronkondziela.com/2013/07/gopr ... flash-fix/

I tried it first without putting the camera in the freezer as obviously that's just nonsense, just like the old urban myth that putting your bmx mag wheels in the freezer trues them up :roll: multiple tries and still nothing.

So I think, what the hell, I'll put the camera in the freezer, nothing to loose. Slip it into a zip lock bag to protect from moisture and pop it in the drawer with the frozen peas and chips. Wait 4 hours and take it out and try again and it works :o

So just in case anyone else has this issue in the future, that's how to fix it :-bd
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger