Which charity'd make biggest impact in current crisis??

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Which charity'd make biggest impact in current crisis??

Post by redefined_cycles »

Just thinking out loud for the mo... Anyone got any thoughts on the matter please?
voodoo_simon

Re: Which charity'd make biggest impact in current crisis??

Post by voodoo_simon »

I would imagine food banks would be grateful for anything at the moment, first one that came to mind
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Shaff you’re a good man. I’ve been giving cash to local food bank as Simon said. They know what is needed better than we do and less chance of being accused of panic buying.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thanks chaps... Dave (and the rest of you... you know who you are) you're a good man yerself and to be fair I got the idea of knocking on to ask nieghbours from you and Maille...

I'm thinking this thing needs us all to keep trying tk go above and beyond in terms of outreaching and helping...

I was thinking food bank myself and think I have the perfect one (run by a friend of a friend for Birmigham so hopefully a large catchment area. Gonna start selling some bits I've (read: been kinda hoarding) got spare of for now. Not sure where to start but will do so somewhere GidWilling...

One thing I noticed on todays ride (a social and lonesome which I always go like anyway but previously had been trying to restrict to just commuting to work) that people are appreciating a big 'Hallo... or Mawrning' more than ever...
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Deffo food banks, if you can find what they're after. My wife managed to get an Ocado order in, said there was a food bank charity donate option which Ocado evidently match the value of, or some such. So you an even donate if you do online shopping. 👍
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Good point on food banks for the most direct impact right now, plus all charities will struggle this summer when fund-raising events are cancelled and on top of that everyone has mostly more urgent concerns. It's a good time to make a monthly standing order to any you do support if you don't already, or add one if you can.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I saw an item on the box this morning where a guy was talking about raising money to buy more ventilators for hospitals, apparently they're around £50k each!
It's a good shout though Shaf, even though we all feel under pressure there's always someone worse off than yourself. I'm gonna see if I can find out more about local foodbanks and see if I can help in some small way. :-bd