Wall Mounts

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Boab

Wall Mounts

Post by Boab »

I'm now working form home, but working in the home isn't working, so I'm planning on working from my brew shed. Currently it's got all my homebrew gear and all my cycling gear in it, so I'm having a bit of a move around. I'm lucky enough to also have a potting shed, so it's getting emptied and I'm planning on putting all the bikes in there. I was thinking about using those wall mounts where you hook the wheel into it and the bike is held vertically, this would mean I can get all the bike in, and still get into the shed to do potting, access the mower etc.

There seems to be quite the selection, I'm sure they would all do the job, just wondering if anyone has used them and could either recommend a brand, or warn me off a brand...?

This kind of thing:
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
ScotRoutes

Re: Wall Mounts

Post by ScotRoutes »

I just use some cheapo hooks from B&Q, screwed in to a batten at 45 degrees. I "top and tail" the bikes so I can fit more in a given space and have them high enough off the wall that I can have some storage boxes below. Works for all my bikes except the fatbike.
FLV

Post by FLV »

I currently have pedal hooks high on thevwall in my garage. Its not the most space efficient though.

Ive previously used plain big hooks from wickes as mentioned above.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Sounds like it doesn't matter then, thanks! 👍
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

Same as scotroutes here, and a ladder hook works well for the fatty
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Over the top for your needs, but these are amazing (I have four of them): https://www.steadyrack.com/
Boab

Post by Boab »

Those Steady Rack things do look good, if only I had a garage! I have bought a couple of cheap u-bend hook type things, as all I need to do is get two bikes out the way enough to get a third bike in under them, then I'm sorted for the time being.

Thanks all!