bit of a strange 24 hours

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

bit of a strange 24 hours

Post by barney »

I went for a little trip out last night, from the moment I left the house yesterday (6pm) till when I got home this afternoon I didn’t look on my phone/social media or listen to any news.

After the events of the past few weeks it was quite surreal, riding down country lanes nodding and saying greeting people, it was like everything was “back to normal”.

Just rambling really... I don’t want to be irresponsible (apologies if people think I am) but I think it’s good to have a bit of escapism and time out from what’s going on.
Wait for me...
Bearbonesnorm

Re: bit of a strange 24 hours

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Everytime I leave the house Mark - nowt strange about it. 'Tis perfectly normal, enjoy it, do it more :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I had exactly the same experience last weekend, when I woke up in the woods and then sat up in my bag making a coffee it was like the outside world had ceased to exist, lovely it was :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
FLV

Post by FLV »

Makes me wish I'd gone out this weekend, perhaps one evening after work next week
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I bivvied out last night. It was fun and just what I needed. On the ride back, I let onto people. They smiled back etc, but it seamed strange. I don't know why.
composite

Post by composite »

My bike trip last week meant I was pretty much out of touch for 4 days. It felt odd when I got back and things had been ramping up. The last day was particularly strange as a lot of places I rode through were ghost town like and even main roads very quiet.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Went for a nice 10 miles, two hour pootle with My Very Active Girlfriend and her 9-year-old this morning. Very little traffic on the road sections we covered, which was not much, but loads more people walking and running than usual, and everyone either solo or just two of them. So social distancing is alive and well on the bridlepaths around Watford. Most interestingly, it was not me who said good morning to everyone first as we passed. I've never known people to be so "hullo'y". Quite nice. But very strange.
I'm just going outside ...
trob6

Post by trob6 »

I went out today for 4 hours, just a little bit of road, took enough water and food so didnt need to get anything and my little stove, stopped and made coffee halfway.
Been roofing the shed/man cave extension this afternoon and I even managed to get a loaf from the local coop as well, first one we have had in 4 or 5 days! Its been a lovely day.
What's the worst than can happen?