Smallest frame bag?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Re: Smallest frame bag?

Post by FLV »

K1100T wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:24 pm I was going to suggest the afore mentioned Restrap Framebag Small - 2.5L. However, it's not much smaller in volume than the smallest AlpKit Possum, which is 2.6L...

Yeah similar size, different shape. I canuse the old possum i have, but to stop the stuff rattling about i need to stuff something else in it.
Perhaps the answer is to get a small windproof or waterproof and pack out the possum a bit....
Boab

Post by Boab »

FLV wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:56 pm Yeah similar size, different shape. I canuse the old possum i have, but to stop the stuff rattling about i need to stuff something else in it.
Perhaps the answer is to get a small windproof or waterproof and pack out the possum a bit....
Get a tool roll to put all your tools and stuff in, then it'll stop rattling around...?
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Do you need a frame bag at all for such a small amount of gear?
I find the Possum to have a lot less space than quoted and if you are needing to pack it out you must be carry nearly nothing.
A jersey pocket or small waist pack would do.
I use one of these on my frame sometimes for tools - not very quick access though.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Wolf-T ... y-Bag/J1GI
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

lune ranger wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:31 am Do you need a frame bag at all for such a small amount of gear?
I've a Wildcat Cheetah (there's also the Revelate Jerry Can and others that are similar) that sits at the top tube - seat tube junction. In it I'll have: small tin with tools and spares inside; leatherman Squirt pliers; chain tool; mobile phone; small first aid kit; debit card and cash; car key. There's still room for a small snack bar or something like that.

I've just realised that it sits on the bike (Solaris) permanently with most of the listed items in it (not the phone or debit card obviously :lol: ) so I never have to think about having to look for what's needed.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Bum bag! :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
FLV

Post by FLV »

Found
evoc, this ones 1L size M, they also do a smaller one but the M was on sale :grin:

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

The latest offers from Lidl with their frame bag are Lidl in price....... Sorry.
They are quiet small too