Jenn Ride 2020

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: Jenn Ride 2020

Post by whitestone »

Not too much of riding across slopes Shaf. The descent of Walna Scar is open with a slope to the right but it's a track wide enough for a Land Rover so you could tuck to the left.

Then there's the BW down by the River Lickle to Stephenson Ground https://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=32401 ... &A=Y&Z=120

The climb out of Eskdale will be a push and the worst of it has a big wall to the lower side.

The next bit would be Loughrigg Terrace - https://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=33447 ... &A=Y&Z=120 but the main problem here is the number of tourists.

The Corpse Road has a few short traversing sections - https://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=33577 ... &A=Y&Z=120

Garburn Pass is walled on the way up, if you are capable of riding the other side then that will take all your concentration.

I think that's it. Use something like geograph.org.uk to see if there's any shots of the above - quite likely given that it's the Lakes.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I think I'm going to book some accommodation up there. Make a long weekend of it (give me a chance to have my broken body recover after the event too).
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Thanks v much Bob... Now just to keep checking for tem extra ticjets to open and hope I dont miss em..
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

So I've been looking at my calendar for the year, and having scrubbed everything else until August, this is still desperately hanging on in there...

...but lets be honest, it's really not looking that likely either is it? :cry:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Pretty hard to see how this is going to go ahead at the moment...
postierich

Post by postierich »

Still hopeful but will always go with Government direction and the feeling of the village, if July is not a goer will look at doing it at a later date once things are clearer.

Rich
Refunds are available
Tonto

Post by Tonto »

If it is on, I am definitely going. However it won't be the same if all the pubs are closed 😪😪😪
redefined_cycles

postierich wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:33 am Still hopeful but will always go with Government direction and the feeling of the village, if July is not a goer will look at doing it at a later date once things are clearer.

Rich
Refunds are available
Rich... will there still be last minute tickets available please? Ta

[Edit: google it and gladly bought a tcket as they were avaiable and I'm hopeful it'll go ahead... or at least PR seems to be responsible enough that he'll only go it ahead if its fully responsible and the locals a bit happy with it... :-bd Best £5.80 spent today]
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

postierich wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:33 am Still hopeful but will always go with Government direction and the feeling of the village, if July is not a goer will look at doing it at a later date once things are clearer.

Rich
Refunds are available
By the 4th of July (just 10 weeks away) social distancing will still be in place, I doubt that group rides will be allowed and with this number attending it will be impossible to social distance people anyway.

I and I'm sure many others wouldn't feel comfortable in a group this soon I'm sorry to say.
Even though I'm sure I've had the virus (self isolated but not tested) and an now fully over it, but no one's knows if those who have had are 100%immune from catching it again.

Rather than a refund can places be deferred to much later in the year or even to 2021 please Rich?
postierich

Post by postierich »

Social distancing will not be an issue as I have two fields I could use, no mass start and possibility of marshals on every gate past Ings. Route can be ridden both ways :-)I know which one I would like to do
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

July? Ah hae ma doobts.

It's possible that some travel restrictions will be lifted but I can't see any mass gatherings going ahead. Organisers of other events around then, and later, are now cancelling/postponing.

September seems more likely/possible.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

i am no expecting any at all this year not even certain for next year - depending on how things pan out
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Well, as long as it happens at some point, I'll be happy.

I may not be able to actually ride by that point (I'm not getting out until the hospitals are less stretched)... but I'll give it my best!

That said, all of these are going to end up getting re-arranged into the same compressed timescale, which will make choosing a nightmare. I've already got something else arranged on the WRT weekend (I'm expecting the other thing to be cancelled).
Last edited by Richard G on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Need to plan an epic winter bivy somewhere!!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Just saw the postponement... probably a sensible decision.

Will be nice to have something to look forward to either way, and hopefully by that point I might actually be fit enough to ride it!
Fargoist

Post by Fargoist »

I did the jenn last year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, so be joining in this year if tickets are available. Thinking I might do a longer route avoiding anything steep and technical, although hard in the lakes!
postierich

Post by postierich »

there is a ticket going
Fargoist

Post by Fargoist »

Cheers, delay in reply due no wifi at home at the moment. I'll take the place.
redefined_cycles

postierich wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm there is a ticket going
Bit confused now. Thought it was postponed til 2021?? Or have i missed an email since the last update?? :smile:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
Bit confused now. Thought it was postponed til 2021?? Or have i missed an email since the last update?? :smile:
I would assume that if you buy a ticket now you'll be able to do it in 2021. Pent up demand for events next year might make them particularly hard to get into!
redefined_cycles

Richard G wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:14 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm
I would assume that if you buy a ticket now you'll be able to do it in 2021. Pent up demand for events next year might make them particularly hard to get into!
Aha.. Thanks Rich. Thankfully I have my golden ticket :-bd