Bar Ends, on the Inside

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Pirahna

Re: Bar Ends, on the Inside

Post by Pirahna »

I tried running bar ends in the middle of the bars, which brings me to one of big gripes about modern bikes, they're too low at the front. Any comfort you've managed to achieve by using riser bars will be eliminated by having a hand position that's on the same level as the stem. I'm 6ft tall and have normal proportions, so it can't just be me that thinks this.
Mart

Post by Mart »

:-C :-C :-C :-C :-C :-C :-C :-C :-C

Thanks peeps - That's really helped me a lot. (and given me a chance to try out a new smilie)
2924 miles per Gallon
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Mart... I've just made the leap to the carbon ones (Giant SLR off fleabya) so my alloy Giant ones should be going spare anytime soon. You're most welcome to em if you wanna try out for yourself to see if bar-inners (patent pending) work for you...
Mart

Post by Mart »

Thanks Shaf. I may well do - its to go on me new bike (when it arrives) as the handlebars will be different
Ive been riding Jones bars for so long I think I need the extra hand positions
2924 miles per Gallon
redefined_cycles

Mart wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm Thanks Shaf. I may well do - its to go on me new bike (when it arrives) as the handlebars will be different
Ive been riding Jones bars for so long I think I need the extra hand positions
Excellent... PM your address and as soon as the carbon ones arrive and are fitted I shall pop em in post for ya.... one thing to bw aware of (and which I'm slightly concenred on) is that the alloy ones are easier pushed inboard. Whereas the carbon ones, I might have the issue of needing to be slightly more gentle with them when squeezing em towards to 31.8mm of the bar...

Anyway, thanks for the thread as it reminded me about the carbon bar-inners (pat pending) being on my wish/want list...
redefined_cycles

Mart... my swanky new carbon ones arrived the other day. These coming off shortly and (unless you hear from me otherwise) these are yours... Just PM me your postal address and a safe place to hide em as I might try and ride down and drop em off when I gets the minute...

Pic of swanky new carbon ones coming up shortly :-bd
redefined_cycles

New bar-inners (pat pending) on a seem good to go... These are yours if you still wish. Have messaged ya

Obviously not in the correct packaging :-bd