Stooge Junker Or Moto

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Stooge Junker Or Moto

Post by Escape Goat »

I've searched and couldn't find a post with this question.

I'm wondering if anyone has any pointers on either of these bars? Seams like a good way to get some extra height on short steerer prongs and to ditch the Joans bars, for now. Maybe I'll get real Jones at some point.
redefined_cycles

Re: Stooge Junker Or Moto

Post by redefined_cycles »

I got some Moto Allen and I dont feel there's much height to be had really... Maybe the Junkers might give a little more!

FWIW I didn't find em really comfy at all either and going back to my NukeProof carbons was a world of comfy difference
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Hey,

I emailed Stooge at the same time of posting, they've already replied. You wouldn't get that from Trek now!

Interesting you find the Nukeproof more comfortable, it's a brand I can get, but not nearly enough back-sweep :(
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I've got motos on the fat bike and surly sunrises on the Krampus (which are similar rise and sweep to the Junkers) both are good, the sunrises are higher and wider obviously as well as being much heavier. Fitting lights is an issue as the tie bar is only 10mm dia.

My tendency is always to recommend more so go with the junkers :-bd
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

Just swapped out some Jones bends for some Moto's on my Stooge and have to say I am loving them. They not noticibly higher but they do put me in a more upright position.

Ironically even though I have gone from 90 mm stem to 35mm stem I find I am slightly further forward as the 45 degree bend on the Jones brought my hands so far back :geek:
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Brothersmith wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 pm .

Ironically even though I have gone from 90 mm stem to 35mm stem I find I am slightly further forward as the 45 degree bend on the Jones brought my hands so far back :geek:
That's really interesting actually. I'm not into the massive stem that's on at the minute.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Escape Goat wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:14 pm Hey,

I emailed Stooge at the same time of posting, they've already replied. You wouldn't get that from Trek now!

Interesting you find the Nukeproof more comfortable, it's a brand I can get, but not nearly enough back-sweep :(
Allen... I must say its not the position of the Nukeproofs thats actually comfy but rather the dampening effect. After trying the Stooge (moto) and the angle of the hands being a bit off for me as well as the stiffness/vibrations being offputting, I didnt wanna risk spending more and more on different bars to get the perfect bars. So whacked the NP back on with inboard bar ends and lived happily ever after. I think the BB200 was testament (for me at least) that I need not look any further as this setup works for me...

'Horses for courses' I suppose...
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I may look at them tomorrow :wink: