Sonder Camino - toe overlap

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Re: Sonder Camino - toe overlap

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

burty wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:18 pm I am about 5.9 with a size 10 foot . I ride a large camino, the mudguards have being butchered with a grinder to trim it down so it wont catch my foot ,
mud only really catches the bottom bracket area a bit .
Here's a Q then, and feel free not to bother as it's a bit weird, but what's the distance between tip of your riding shoes and centre / bolts of cleat?

TIA :cool:

[edit - this is obviously potentially irrelevant as you might ride flats :lol: :lol: ]
burty

Post by burty »

the measurement is 10.5 cm
shoe is a shimano mx7 the shoe version of there winter boot .
my other half rides a medium camino and there is no chance I would feel right riding a med , my foot over laps quite a bit
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Cheers.

Having checked mine they're 10.5 and 11 cm (different pairs, not different feet :roll:).

Good to know that a large is most likely to fit. Just need to resist temptation to buy on line :oops:
stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:23 am Cheers.

Having checked mine they're 10.5 and 11 cm (different pairs, not different feet :roll:).

Good to know that a large is most likely to fit. Just need to resist temptation to buy on line :oops:
Their geo charts list the large as having a 22mm longer wheelbase so that's how much further forward the wheel is going to be away from your toe. Looking at your pic (unless it's a weird angle distorting things) that isn't going to be enough to totally clear it....
robbie

Post by robbie »

I once hire a cervello road bike in Tenerife. It fitted me great everywhere else but the toe overlap was horrendous!
I nearly fell off a few times in traffic :oops: