New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Post Reply
Daveysnaps
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:10 am

New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by Daveysnaps » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 pm

Up and running..... well, rolling :)

The Escapade is finished and happy with her.
Now shes done, what are folks thoughts on a handlebar bag ?

ImageEscapade1 by Dave Wilkinson, on Flickr

Hardly a gravel ride... More like a mud ride !

ImageEscapade2 by Dave Wilkinson, on Flickr

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 18753
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:32 am

I usually think that a harness works better with drops as it gives you the option of drybag shap / size.
#corporate shill for hire

User avatar
ootini
Posts: 1336
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by ootini » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:38 am

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:32 am
I usually think that a harness works better with drops as it gives you the option of drybag shap / size.
Agreed. I use a Bikepack.pl harness on my gravel bike and MTB, as this let's me use a shorter bag on the GB and longer bag on the MTB.

User avatar
PaulE
Posts: 334
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:05 am
Location: Sheffield

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by PaulE » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:41 am

If you just want a little bag for day rides or don't like a lot of stuff on the bars I find the Alpkit Gnaro is excellent on a similar bike.
Image

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 18753
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 am

If you were considering just a small bag for the front, my slightly biased opinion is that these are brilliant. More stock on the way.
https://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/shop ... ct=bar-bag
#corporate shill for hire

User avatar
composite
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by composite » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 am
If you were considering just a small bag for the front, my slightly biased opinion is that these are brilliant. More stock on the way.
https://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/shop ... ct=bar-bag
I had been meaning to message you to ask about those bags.

Can they be used as stand-alone bags without the harness?

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 18753
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:38 pm

Can they be used as stand-alone bags without the harness?
Yes they can Neil. You can even clip on the supplied strap and use it as a man-bag if you like :-bd
#corporate shill for hire

User avatar
composite
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by composite » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:46 pm

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:38 pm
Can they be used as stand-alone bags without the harness?
Yes they can Neil. You can even clip on the supplied strap and use it as a man-bag if you like :-bd
When do you think they will be back in stock?

User avatar
Bearbonesnorm
Posts: 18753
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: my own little world

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:58 pm

When do you think they will be back in stock?
I'm hoping 10 days Neil. They're back up to full production capacity so it should be easier / quicker to keep stock levels up.
#corporate shill for hire

boxelder
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by boxelder » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:15 pm

I'm finding the Altura Vortex2 bar roll has taken over from my WildCat harness for drop bars. Spacers clear the head tube nicely and the quality of materials and zips is great. the built in top pocket is great for wallet, keys, Belgian mix etc. Only advantage I can see from the harness now is it takes a wider range of volume - but then I don't like too much on the front with drop bars - the Vortex 'fills the space' neatly.

#1 son is off in to Skiddaw House for the weekend and sent him with Vortex luggage as easier to pack well and waterproof (also bright red, so harder to lose/forget :roll: )

User avatar
composite
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: New wheels and handlebar bag needed

Post by composite » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:54 pm

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:58 pm
When do you think they will be back in stock?
I'm hoping 10 days Neil. They're back up to full production capacity so it should be easier / quicker to keep stock levels up.
I'll wait. :smile:

EDIT: are you getting any colours other than black?

Post Reply