My Strangest Get Off Ever.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

My Strangest Get Off Ever.

Post by Ray Young »

So I'm gently riding along a smooth but very muddy path when suddenly the back end of the bike lifts up and goes sideways causing me to topple over. As I'm going down I think "what the feck?". Picking myself up I look back to see a 10" long stick standing vertically upright in the mud that most definitely wasn't there before. All I can think that happened is my front wheel ran over one end of the stick causing the other end to spring up which then caught somewhere on the underside of the bike lifting the whole back end and me (I'm 12 1/2 stone) up and then sideways causing my loss of balance and subsequent fall. Just what are the chances of that ever happening and isn't wood amazingly strong, :???:.
Boab

Re: My Strangest Get Off Ever.

Post by Boab »

I've been got like that couple of times on my old fattie. It ended up with the wood sticking out of the rear tyre, rather than with me on the ground though...

There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
fatbikephil

Re: My Strangest Get Off Ever.

Post by fatbikephil »

Yeah had a few similarly odd ones over the years. You never get any warning with them - one second your sunnyside up, the next your face first in the mud......