Crank Bros loose

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Shewie

Crank Bros loose

Post by Shewie »

I thought I’d give clips a go so switched over to Crank Bros Double Shots, first time out with them and after three days easy riding in the Cairngorms the spring clips are now loose and rock backward and forward, is this normal?

Do I need to tighten something up?

They felt really weird at first but I soon got used to it, only fell over twice too which I was pleased about :grin:
ScotRoutes

Re: Crank Bros loose

Post by ScotRoutes »

The bits you clip into? They're supposed to rotate.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:36 pm The bits you clip into? They're supposed to rotate.
Ah thanks

Yeah I meant the square steely bits that the cleats hook into, they must’ve just been stiff out of the box.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

You'll find clipping in and out a bit easier now too.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I used to use Crank Bros pedals. One of the problems with them is the metal bars eat away at the bottom of your shoes, Crank Bros sell a metal plate to put between the sole and cleat, I think they're called Shoe Shields. I'll have a look in the parts bin tomorrow, I'm fairly sure I've got some (possibly).
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

TBH, I've been using CB Candys for years and never had any issues with shoes. I think the Eggbeaters were the worst as they had no additional "platform" around the cleat area to help spread the load.