Taylor

Re: bivi spot

Post by Taylor »

Ssshhhh
I've booked that already
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

There really is no shortage of great spots. I envisage a wacky races style mad dash towards the lake at the trail centre :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Post by Mike »

Best keep my little overnight spots to myself otherwise going to be sleeping under the stars. :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yep thanks for letting us know where not to go :wink: .

Not that I'm antisocial or anything. More a case of protecting everyone else from our mob's farts and snoring.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
psling

Post by psling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:11 am There really is no shortage of great spots.
My following comments are a personal observation and are not meant to be in any way a criticism of anyone else but...

like Stu says, there really is no shortage of great spots in Wales.
One thing I've noticed is that quite often people have a pre-determined idea of what they look for as a bivi spot e.g. amongst trees, in a redundant building, by a water course, etc., and therefore "don't see" loads of other great spots because those spots are in places they're just not looking for.
Rather than heading to popular bivi spots or asking where "bivi spots" are I prefer to find them myself - sometimes I've been fortunate and found some excellent spots; quite often though I find what would have been the ideal spot within the first 20 minutes of riding the next morning (although these spots do then go into the memory bank for future rides). Personally I like to wake up to a view so will often seek out a small hollow on an open hillside; quite a few times I've laid in my bivi at BB events watching lights pass in the night along a track or path maybe just 50m away (I sometimes wave but no one seems to see me!) :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

An excellent tip that Peter I reckon. Set off with no idea in mind. Feel The Force. It usually comes up trumps (*), and if it doesn't it'll certainly be a great story instead :-bd .

(*) not "Trump's". That would be bad. You'd probably end up assassinated under your bush overnight or something.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

windjammer

Post by windjammer »

johnnystorm wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:03 am One of the Bird hides along from the lake! :-bd
thanks for that ,ill be there early :mrgreen:
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'd ring to check the Red Kite's open, they used to close through Jan.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Nice one Stu - was just about to do that meself :smile: . Maybe they'll consider special opening for 80 smelly boners, or the filling station is in for a surprise!

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not meaning to be critical but there's something quite ironic about this post given that over the years, we've all invested heavily in super-dooper lightweight shelters :wink: