Xlite 100 Smart Rear light

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jBay

Xlite 100 Smart Rear light

Post by jBay »

Has anyone got some real world experience of them, the smart detection of braking making it turn on bright like a brake light sounds appealing.

https://youtu.be/jxTw9zVR3qE
FLV

Re: Xlite 100 Smart Rear light

Post by FLV »

Interesting concept. I'm always skeptical of 'smart' things that are also cheap things. I kind of like to turn my light on, see it on, then ride and know its still on without wondering what its up to back there :grin: Having said that, the technology in it is likely pretty simple.
Also, the mount is fine for some applications but no seat pack / saddle tool bag compatibility would rule it out for me.

But, to answer your question. I've not used one so no real world experience sorry.

I'm sure I haven't helped at all :lol:
jBay

Post by jBay »

I agree re seat pack and thoughts, looked interesting for commuting with a standard light as well.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

https://road.cc/content/review/231888-e ... rear-light

Similar concept. I have the non react version of this Exposure and have seen the Reakct in action and can say I was suitably impressed (maybe not ecstatic but impressed i certainly was)...

I'd go with Exposure (or SeeSense which I also rode behind on last weeks big ride for a few hours and again was a bit impressed at how it'd change it's flashing modes dependent on how fast thw rider was going)...
FLV

Post by FLV »

jBay wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:25 pm I agree re seat pack and thoughts, looked interesting for commuting with a standard light as well.
Didn't mean to sound too dismissive, definitely an interesting concept for a rear light. Not sure I personally am ready for it though :lol:
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I ordered some of these and am waiting for them to arrive:

https://smartbikelights.com/products/cubelite-ii-pro

I think they're generally the same thing, just a slightly different model.

Once they're here I'll let you know and there *might* be a spare as I am a sucker for a BOGOF. However, IIRC someone also pointed out they (or something similar) is available cheaper on Aliexpress :oops:

The thread will be somewhere in the forum....
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

If there are 2 others who would like to take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer, i will happily team up with them..
Image Image
jBay

Post by jBay »

FLV wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:11 am
jBay wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:25 pm I agree re seat pack and thoughts, looked interesting for commuting with a standard light as well.
Didn't mean to sound too dismissive, definitely an interesting concept for a rear light. Not sure I personally am ready for it though :lol:
You don’t sound too dismissive, I asked for thoughts.
jBay

Post by jBay »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:27 am I ordered some of these and am waiting for them to arrive:

https://smartbikelights.com/products/cubelite-ii-pro

I think they're generally the same thing, just a slightly different model.

Once they're here I'll let you know and there *might* be a spare as I am a sucker for a BOGOF. However, IIRC someone also pointed out they (or something similar) is available cheaper on Aliexpress :oops:

The thread will be somewhere in the forum....
I’m interested