FatBiker question: where best to source 45NRTH

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

FatBiker question: where best to source 45NRTH

Post by redefined_cycles »

After consulting with 'the keeper of the bike shoes' I've decided I've earned the right to get some 45NRTH (on his recommendation) for my commutes.

Am confident they will last me a long time and maybe even a foot into the FatBiker world (hope thats really not offensive... I don't mean it to be :smile: )... Its the Ragnarok I'm after but aside from Charlie Bikemonger and one other shop in Germany noone seems to stock em... Shop in germany aswell as Charlie both don't got (pardon the grammer) my size...

Anyone got any suggestions of a decent EU shoo that stocks em. Please
Bearbonesnorm

Re: FatBiker question: where best to source 45NRTH

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Do Shona and Rich not sell them at Keep Pedalling?
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:14 pm Do Shona and Rich not sell them at Keep Pedalling?
Let me check Stu. Dont think so as nothing really comes up for 45NRTH in UK except Charlies... Thanks :smile:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Ghyllside cycles in Ambleside do 45Nrth stuff (I got my fat bike tyres from them) they've only got the older Japanthers on their website but then they didn't have the tyres listed when I bought them.

Late edit: Cath has both the Japanthers and the Wolvhammers. I think she wore the Japanthers on the BB200.
Last edited by whitestone on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
redefined_cycles

whitestone wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:28 pm Ghyllside cycles in Ambleside do 45Nrth stuff (I got my fat bike tyres from them) they've only got the older Japanthers on their website but then they didn't have the tyres listed when I bought them.
Yup... checked them out Bob. They have many sizes except mine in the Japanthers (I'm 47). Really good deal on the road version too in case anyone needs as they're down to £99...

Alas looks like I'll have to just wait for Charlie to get em back in stock or bite the bullet and get the reflective versions from Germany for an extra £30... Hopefully though from the quality of company they are I'm expecting good, £ per year out of em and hope to keep the Boas clean and cared for...
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

Bikemonger in Ripon have a few Shaf ..

https://www.bikemonger.co.uk/footwear-230-c.asp

Edit: Doh! Should read posts properly instead of skim reading :roll:
Last edited by Shewie on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Shewie wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:07 pm Bikemonger in Ripon have a few Shaf ..

https://www.bikemonger.co.uk/footwear-230-c.asp
Thanks Shewie... :-bd thats who I meant when I said 'Charlie'. Sorry :lol: it's their old name (Charlie the Bikemonger) and had forgotten they've changed names out. Same story, no more size 47 left. Seems as if most uk bikepackers, or a large percentage maybe, a size 47.

Its an interesting journey though and isn't most of the fun of a purchase before you actually buy the thing :smile:
Ian

Post by Ian »

I have the Japanthers, and had to go up two sizes to get a good fit. Normally a 41, ended up with 43 as they were right over the top of the foot. Might be worth sizing up.
redefined_cycles

Ian wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:00 pm I have the Japanthers, and had to go up two sizes to get a good fit. Normally a 41, ended up with 43 as they were right over the top of the foot. Might be worth sizing up.
Thanks Ian... I'm usually a 45 to 46 in 5:10 and other boots. The 45NRTH size guide has me at 47 in the Ragnaroks so might star off with that as the front might be a bit long in 48... :smile:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Shaf - I assume you've seen 45Nrth's sizing guide? https://45nrth.com/products/size-guide/footwear

When we got Cath's the suggested sizing did seem to be spot on.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
redefined_cycles

I did use that indeed Bob. Thanks v much... seems the Ragnaroks come a bit narrow but hopefully I'll slowly stretch em (although my Northwaves never really stretched much width ways for over 4 years but feet got use to em). If I can get 4 years out of these -with careful cleaning of the Boa system - then I shall be super duper happy indeed