orbea OIZ Tr - any experience ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikerbill

orbea OIZ Tr - any experience ?

Post by fatbikerbill »

this one https://www.mtbmonster.com/orbea-oiz-m2 ... ndigo-red/

anyone tried them out, if so what are your thoughts please as a bikepacker bike but also as a general 'everyday' bike?
ScotRoutes

Re: orbea OIZ Tr - any experience ?

Post by ScotRoutes »

Can't comment on the Oiz but I have an Occam and used it for a couple of bikepacking trips this year, including the Cairngorms Loops 300. I normally use a Ti Plus bike or my Fatbike for bikepacking but I was glad of the full suspension on some of the faster descents, especially in the dark and when I was tired. I can certainly see me using it again.

No problems with Orbea as a brand either. The only niggle I've had was that my (PressFit)BB gave up on me last spring. I suspect mainly because the bike had been washed then hung up for a few months over winter. Simple enough job to change it, just annoying really.
fatbikerbill

Post by fatbikerbill »

Seen your posts before about the Occam & it looks great.

Not sure though I fancy the new one (for bikepacking) though.

I too use a Ti fatty or a krampus at the moment as my two choices, but they are my only bikes so looking at something a bit more 'fun'. I keep switching from something like the Occam/OIZ to a solarisMax.

total dither mode.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Since the bikes got nicked and the insurance check is now in my hand I too am in a dither really fancy a oiz but also fancy a new stooge , so I shall now wait until my dithering has subsided ( really could do with a bit of bounce the old bones and injuries are starting to ache a little after a couple of days out)
fatbikerbill

Post by fatbikerbill »

Glad it's not just me.