Winter boots

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Boab

Re: Winter boots

Post by Boab »

I spent a lot of this mornings ride seriously considering buying some of the Spatz overshoes. However, at £85 or £100 a pair, I think I'd be frightened of using them just in case I knackered them... :roll:
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

JoseMcTavish wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:02 pm There's definitely a gap in the market for someone to make some rugged streamlined cycling gaiters to pair with waterproof shoes. there's lots of running ones, but they are all just water resistant. I use these with my Giro Alpineduro boots for road/offroad rides and they are great: https://www.giro.co.uk/products/detail/ ... in-gaiter/
I have some Gore "runners" gaiters that are waterproof. Not sure if they still make them though.
JoseMcTavish

Post by JoseMcTavish »

I think I know the ones you mean, but you're right - don't seem to be available anywhere. I think some walking ones would probably do for mountain biking, but would be nice to have an alternative for the road bike once the Giros give up the ghost. Those Spatz look impregnable, but would probably need to look a bit more subtle for me to consider!
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

had a pair of 45nrth japanther for 4 years,they cost 230 quid but keep your feet warm and dry,if something works its cheap,if it doesnt then its expensive