I know I shouldn't be surprised any more ....

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Re: I know I shouldn't be surprised any more ....

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

It's the judicious use of Pandas 😉

But look, I didn't mention STW to cause an inter-forum beat-down, just to emphasise that this place was different and in being so, to me, meant it was my preference.

Here's sending love and cuddles to everyone this morning 😎😎😎😎😎
RIP

Post by RIP »

"cuddles to everyone" - woah, you're invading my body space now!

(you just can't win :lol:)

:wink:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
burty

Post by burty »

if the piece was wrote by Kathrine moor , wasn't that the lass who you had the tiff with on book face, stu
in regard to gravel rides and fires . all taylors fault if I recall :lol: :-bd
techno

Post by techno »

**Double post
Last edited by techno on Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techno

Post by techno »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:53 pm Despite trying to be friendly, inclusive and helping to promote the joyful world of bikepacking for well over a decade, I can't help feel that the industry still views this place and those who frequent it with a degree of suspicion or unease.
This bucks the trend a bit stu:
"Stuart has been instrumental in growing the British bikepacking scene, so it’s great to have one of his fabled routes on the site"
https://bikepacking.com/bikes/editors-d ... 019-picks/
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Genuinely glad Cass enjoyed it enough to include it on his list.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

techno mail wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:56 pm
Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:53 pm Despite trying to be friendly, inclusive and helping to promote the joyful world of bikepacking for well over a decade, I can't help feel that the industry still views this place and those who frequent it with a degree of suspicion or unease.
"Stuart has been instrumental in growing the British bikepacking scene, so it’s great to have one of his fabled routes on the site"
Dammit that link cost me money as it appears the Helter Skelters are exactly what I am looking for
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
psling

Post by psling »

Dave Barter wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:46 am Dammit that link cost me money as it appears the Helter Skelters are exactly what I am looking for
I have some Dave and rate them. I've had quite a bit of Ground Effect gear over the years and it has all been quality kit IMO. The Helter Skelters kept my nether regions dry as a bone during a few days of torrential rain (one of Reg's trips so when I say rain, I mean rain!) back in September when they were seriously assaulted by the wet stuff from above and below. Only had them for about a year so can't comment on long-term wear & tear.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

psling wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:50 am
Dave Barter wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:46 am Dammit that link cost me money as it appears the Helter Skelters are exactly what I am looking for
I have some Dave and rate them. I've had quite a bit of Ground Effect gear over the years and it has all been quality kit IMO. The Helter Skelters kept my nether regions dry as a bone during a few days of torrential rain (one of Reg's trips so when I say rain, I mean rain!) back in September when they were seriously assaulted by the wet stuff from above and below. Only had them for about a year so can't comment on long-term wear & tear.
Good to know Pete. Their customer service is ace as well. I misstyped my email address in the excitement and they sorted it ASAP
techno

Post by techno »

Dave Barter wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:46 am
Dammit that link cost me money as it appears the Helter Skelters are exactly what I am looking for
happy to help :-bd
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Did you just order them direct or did you find a UK stockist?
psling

Post by psling »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:25 am
Did you just order them direct or did you find a UK stockist?
As far as I'm aware Ground Effect don't have stockists, they are an on-line supplier outside of NZ. Duty on receipt is hit & miss in my experience.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Ordered direct from NZ
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Ta muchly, something to add to wishlist
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Only just noticed this thread and apologise for not reading it through , but when I found you lot , I seemed to fit straight in which for me is quite unusual as I’m very blunt and straight with people,and I prefer people who are the same , so it makes me think that maybe we all come across as maybe a touch unapproachable because of the no nonsense slagging of each other , it’s more like a family dynamic on here and people sometimes are a bit scared to just throw themselves in the middle of it , where as me and a lot on don’t give a feck if we get slagged or not
Also there’s a lot of very strong riders on here who don’t make a song and dance about what they’ve achieved so there’s little publicity for the “boner” who can
Just my 2 penneth