Did I win, did I win?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

u02sgb

Did I win, did I win?

Post by u02sgb »

Bouncing around like an excited spaniel waiting to see if I won the newsletter comp...

I never win anything.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Did I win, did I win?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm afraid not - the winner this time was Sean but at least you keep your 100% record of never winning owt intact :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

Not sure if that's a Hooray or a Boo then :???:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I saw an online rumour today that she had "popped off"

I hope Sean gets a T-shirt that he caan't wear in front of her as well (see what I did there)
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I'm amazed I managed to get in before Dave 'fast fingers' Barter :smile:
u02sgb wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:36 am Not sure if that's a Hooray or a Boo then :???:
Assuming that the competitions continue I'll restrain from entering in future to improve your chances. I'm lucky that in my job I can read my personal emails (and post on here) and no one notices, so that's probably an unfair advantage?
Last edited by sean_iow on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Should have read the forum before e-mailing an answer but hey ho.

Amazing how I can't remember last week but a snotty anthem from way back comes straight to mind.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

u02sgb wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:36 am Not sure if that's a Hooray or a Boo then :???:
Most definitely a "Hooray"... in fact I have a story about not winning anything: During my last agency job (with a firm called Pulse) I had managed to accumulate a £100 bonus by taking on shifts at places which don't pay very well... Not that Pulse pay very well anyway. The scheme of 'grab as many shifts as you can' was due to mature this December but at some point Pulse realised they just weren't squeezing enough pennies out of us.

So they changed the goalposts and decided to cancel that offer of 'earn the bonus' but instead told us we would have our bonus points for a prize draw :grin:

I told em I never win owt at prize draws and can I just have my dosh... That if I didnt get my hard earned dosh (cycled to Scarborough for tint shifts to earn that) then I'd be leaving. I handed in my notice a few weeks later after the ossue had gone right to the top. Funny thing is I kept getting emails about 'Refer a Friend'and get a £200 bonus :lol: Thick idiots...
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

My wife wins all the stuff in our house, so to be fair I probably don't miss out. Maybe I should sign her up...