London PSA - TCR08 evening tonight (23rd) at Look Mum No Hands

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

London PSA - TCR08 evening tonight (23rd) at Look Mum No Hands

Post by jameso »

Together with our race partners and our favourite London cafe Look Mum No Hands! we would like to invite you to join us LIVE online for a celebration of unsupported racing and the unveiling of the all important control points of the eighth edition of the Transcontinental Race.

To watch the event live (thanks to We Do It Live) and for free please follow @transconrace on Facebook or click here. The event starts at 18:45 UTC this evening, Saturday November 23rd.

Discover the route, learn more about the Control Points and what’s in store for #TCRNo8 plus an interesting discussion on the spirit of unsupported racing. Speakers will include: James Hayden, Karen Tostee, Neil Phillips, Jayne Wadsworth, Matthew Falconer, Darren Franks, Tom Probert and the Lost Dot organisers. The evening is hosted by Katherine Moor.

We are also featuring the trailer for the forthcoming documentary about the race by Ahstudio. "Onboard the Transcontinental Race" will be available from 1st February 2020 on VOD. Details will be shared via the TCR social pages and the TCR mailing list. Share the news by using the hashtag #TCRfilm or #onboardTCR
Blackhound

Re: London PSA - TCR08 evening tonight (23rd) at Look Mum No Hands

Post by Blackhound »

On a train to this shortly. Chippy just around the corner first and then see where they are off to. Are you attending James?
jameso

Post by jameso »

Me, no. Could be interesting but the 'going into London' bit puts me off : )
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Herself lives in Camden Town so I have to go down sometimes.
jameso

Post by jameso »

I should add that I only saw this was on via an email this am, thought it might be of interest and worth a PSA, Not meaning to belittle the event at all by saying it's not worth putting up with London for, I just have to travel through London a few times a week and get a bit sick of it. It would be well worth a trip if it wasn't late notice to me.
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

I know what you mean jameso. I worked in Birmingham for nearly a decade and could not bring myself to go there for anything at weekends.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I still work in Brum, and I don't even want to go in during the week :grin:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

You miserable old grumps, London is the centre of the world! :grin:

LMNH is a mile away from where I work, to which I cycle to, so it's fairly convenient.

Couldn't make it on Sat disappointly. Thanks for the heads up though, didn't even know it was on