Winter thermal jersey

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mounty

Winter thermal jersey

Post by Mounty »

I have a couple of old jerseys which are fine for around 5 degrees and above. I want something warmer for the winter, 0 degrees and below.

I have good base layers and a light weight windproof that I carry & wear, so any suggestions for a good winter thermal jersey?

Budget up to £100, any colour except Hi-Viz, road/gravel.
Al

Re: Winter thermal jersey

Post by Al »

Does it need to be bike specific? I’ve got an old rab vapour rise stretch top that’s fantastic for winter rides
Boab

Post by Boab »

Last winter I tried ordering from China and bought a SPEXCEL winter top. Fit was odd, snug on the body, but cut for an orangutan's arms. I probably wouldn't buy another, as I don't fit that profile on the ape index. I was planning on trying the AlpKit Rhythm Thicky this winter, it looks a bargain at it's currently discounted £39.99. I suppose it depends if you want a jersey, or a soft shell...?
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Mounty

Post by Mounty »

Ideally bike specific as they just fit better.

I don't mind jersey or softshell as long as its warm enough for 0 degrees and below. :-)
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Polaris AM Enduro Softshell. I bought one on a bit of a whim 3 years ago, wore it all through the winter (over a short-sleeved baselayer) and subsequently bought a second one. The first is still going strong, I just wanted another as a change when one is in the laundry.