BB200 sightings?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ChrisF

BB200 sightings?

Post by ChrisF »

We’ve been over in Aberystwyth today for the Uni open day (son is thinking of studying there). On the way back, about 4ish, I spotted a gaggle of bike packing bikes outside a cafe in Machynlleth as we drove through.
I haven’t been following the BB200 chat so didn’t realise it was this weekend, just checked and of course it is.
It had been a decent day til then but started raining not long after, so good luck boys and girls I hope you have a good night 👍
I don’t know the area well but driving through it looked fabulous, definitely one for a visit on two wheels.
RIP

Re: BB200 sightings?

Post by RIP »

My lad went to Aber Uni and loved it! After he'd been there a while he asked why I'd pushed it so hard. 'Great area for biking holidays' was my sheepish response :wink: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

That’s good to hear Reg. We’re at Swansea next week, but I think Aber will win, without any additional pushing from me. He’s not a cyclist but loves the outdoors, hillwalking, backpacking, canoeing etc. He also plays rugby so that should work out too!
Oh, and the course and department seemed great, I suppose that matters 🙂
composite

Post by composite »

I looked at a job at Aber Uni not that long ago. Lovely part of the country, it's the sort of place I would love to move to when I finally move away from Birmingham.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I spotted a BB... Trying to avoid thich eating puddles I believes

It was 'hard as nails' Wotsits cleaving a puddle free path through the trees... Also known as Jason and the argonauts apparently :lol:

Looking good

Another newbie pretending to be asleep so we can make it it look spontaneous (I almost caught him off guard but before faking the first pic he miraculously uncovered...

Imagethen he miraculously sprung up like a jack in the box...

ImageMark after the color from his cheeks had been sapped by this semi-standard climb :-bd