tarp poles

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

tarp poles

Post by barney »

my current set up is using a rig7 tarp but i've only got some old crappy steel poles for it that I nabbed of a tent.

I've heard people talk about nice carbon poles that are lighter/stronger, a quick search and I only seem to find places in America selling them

Does anyone have any advice on UK suppliers or possible alternatives?

cheers
Wait for me...
99percentchimp

Re: tarp poles

Post by 99percentchimp »

A few different ones here if you choose not to go the carbon route - I have these and the 4 section one packs short for a frame bag.
http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/ ... id=148&s=0
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Of the folk on here with carbon poles, I believe they all came from Ruta Locura.
HUX

Post by HUX »

Cotswold's Rock Bottom in Betws y Coed usually have a large bin upsairs full of odd tent pole sections for £1 each. If you are lucky theres even the odd few Terra Nova poles in there. I got 3 aluminium ones, not TN but very light and at that price you could modify them to suit!
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Cotswold's Rock Bottom in Betws y Coed usually have a large bin upsairs full of odd tent pole sections for £1 each. If you are lucky theres even the odd few Terra Nova poles in there. I got 3 aluminium ones, not TN but very light and at that price you could modify them to suit!
Think I might have bought most of those the other week ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
barney

Post by barney »

s8tannorm wrote:
Think I might have bought most of those the other week ;)
Stu, if you have any left over and you want to sell one (or two) set let me know (sorry for cheeky post)

cheers
Wait for me...