BB200 route on the way.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: BB200 route on the way.

Post by redefined_cycles »

dlovett wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:12 am Yes good advice below from Sean and remember it is suppose to be fun!

Food options that look good to me Are a decent breakfast at the star, only carry some snacks. Eats said snacks and then Lunch at the clock tower Café in March (they are brilliant). Buy more snacks and fresh water in Mach coop/spar. East more snacks till Dinner in Barmouth, buy lots more food and water in Barmouth Coop/Spar. Munch the rest of the way round and use filer and one of the water bladders for river top ups as needed.

The best made plans etc.....

sean_iow wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:40 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 am I might be looking too deep
My advice is:-

Don't over analysis the route, load it in to your gps and then just follow it on the day :-bd

If you are riding on a track/road and the line of the route is off to one side then have a look what's over that way. If the line of the route is through dense forest or in a reservoir then chances are the track you are on is the right way provided it's heading in the same general direction as the route.

Decide if you can carry enough food for the whole route, if not then you'll need to find somewhere to resupply. Be realistic about how fast you will be going. If you plan to finish in 24hrs then it's likely that any shops past the 100km mark will be shut by the time you get there (assuming you start at 09:00 then it will be 21:00 by 100k for a 24hr finish) so either stock up earlier on the route or find a way to carry more from the start.

And my last tip, if it starts to rain then put your waterproof on straight away, don't hold off thinking it might just be a shower... they don't have showers in Wales, just rain ranging from heavy downpour to storm :grin:
Anyone care to add to this

March is at mile ?
Mach is at mile ?
Barmouth is at around 70 miles (109ish km for the advance European folk)...

Any decent stores/cafes after Barmouth?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

March and Mach are the same - Machynlleth, comes at 62km or so (March is a misspelling). Barmouth is at 112km. Don't think there's much after that actually on-route. Off-route there's Dolgellau at 172km, The Cross Foxes Inn at 177km
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Plenty of options in both Machynlleth and Barmouth but you'll need to go slightly off route for Barmouth (few 100yds).
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Asposium

Post by Asposium »

I’m treating as two 100km rides back to back

So resupply in Barmouth