New shoes/boots time

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Jurassic

Re: New shoes/boots time

Post by Jurassic »

I ordered the size 44 MW7s (one size up) and they arrived yesterday. I'm still mulling it over but I think they're probably going to have to go back and be exchanged for the 43 as they're significantly larger than my other pair of 44 Shimano shoes. Hopefully the exchange process will be straightforward (Tweeks). I think my advice would be not to size up in the MW7 even for wearing winter socks.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Just a confirmation of my comment above (for anyone who's considering a pair of MW7s). I now have the 43s and the fit is perfect for winter with plenty of room for a thick sock. I should have followed the advice offered by Lune Ranger and Redefined Cycles, there's no need to size up in these shoes (as has been the case with Shimano shoes in the past).
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SHGAETAR/ ... ling-boots

Actually, sorry - just noticed they only have teeny ones left.
techno

Post by techno »

I'm looking for some flat pedal winter shoes/boots. Anyone got any recommendations?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I just bought some Columbia Fairbanks. Had a couple of very cold rides in them and, while they're not exactly toasty, they are warmer than my summer shoes, seemingly waterproof (lots of icy puddles) and grip the pedals really well. I shopped around and found them for £65 or so (on Amazon actually). I bought the plain black ones but they have some more, err, striking colorways too.
techno

Post by techno »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:37 pm I just bought some Columbia Fairbanks. Had a couple of very cold rides in them and, while they're not exactly toasty, they are warmer than my summer shoes, seemingly waterproof (lots of icy puddles) and grip the pedals really well. I shopped around and found them for £65 or so (on Amazon actually). I bought the plain black ones but they have some more, err, striking colorways too.
Thanks, they sound interesting. Will see if they do them clown shoe sizes.
Al

Post by Al »

I got some half price merrell thermo cross boots the seem pretty warm and waterproof so far - still got some big sizes on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2198049989
techno

Post by techno »

Al wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:01 pm I got some half price merrell thermo cross boots the seem pretty warm and waterproof so far - still got some big sizes on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2198049989
Thanks Al. Will check those too.