Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

boxelder

Re: Tent Recommendations (sorry...)

Post by boxelder »

Stealth 1. 23 August
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Forgotten I'd gone with the 40D silnylon, which was a bit delayed. On it's way very soon. Helpful, quick response from Marc too. :-bd
stevenshand

Post by stevenshand »

I think when I spoke to him he was about to start a batch and he was hopeful he could add mine in there without too much trouble as I had a bit of a deadline.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Had a play with my Stealth and will give it a proper use over the weekend. Made some poles from old Easton tent poles I had - 175gm the pair. Bought some 12g pegs from Emeh and an additional bit of groundsheet if going anywhere rocky. All comfortably goes in Ortlieb TT bag - 1.1Kg total.
At 6'4" it's not too small either - as a sleeping space. Wouldn't want to spend hours in it, but then that's sort of the point. Without the inner, it spreads to accommodate two as a tarp. Impressed so far.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

boxelder wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:38 pm Had a play with my Stealth and will give it a proper use over the weekend. Made some poles from old Easton tent poles I had - 175gm the pair. Bought some 12g pegs from Emeh and an additional bit of groundsheet if going anywhere rocky. All comfortably goes in Ortlieb TT bag - 1.1Kg total.
At 6'4" it's not too small either - as a sleeping space. Wouldn't want to spend hours in it, but then that's sort of the point. Without the inner, it spreads to accommodate two as a tarp. Impressed so far.
Thanks for that. Its all very much appreciated as many are still without a decent tent to this day :-bd will be keeping a close eye on how you get on with it (is it the 2 man or 1 person version... I assume its less than 650g in and of itself?)
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Just the 1. In the past I've used a bivi bag (which is fine until it rains or the midges come out) or a tent of ~1.3Kg - which isn't that heavy, but bulky, so had to go on the bars really. I couldn't see the point of bivi and tarp, as that was as bulky as the tent and couldn't commit to tarp without bivi - midges, cold.
I can't justify spending hundreds on cubes or whatever, so this seems a great compromise, and a decent price.