Bikepacking podcasts

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

Bikepacking podcasts

Post by Borderer »

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I have just come across this site for bikepacking podcasts. The guy doing the interviewing is fairly new to the job and admits he has a bit to learn, so the conversations can lack focus sometimes or go over the same ground more than is necessary, but he has had some interesting interview subjects ie Lael Wilcox, Sophiane Sehilli etc.

https://bikesordeath.com/
Escape Goat

Re: Bikepacking podcasts

Post by Escape Goat »

Great. Thanks. Recently ran out of stuff!! Cheers for sharing.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I think it was Sean who posted links to the Tour Divide related editions. They definitely aren't "short" interviews - you need to set aside quite a bit of time for them.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
FLV

Post by FLV »

He seems a pretty genuine bloke, I've listened to a few. I often end up driving for 2+ hours so if he has an interesting interview on it can be good.

Sofiane was good, Alexandera was good too.
landel

Post by landel »

Some very good stuff here too. Not all bikepacking related. The last two for example are conversations with this years winner of the Indian Pacific Wheel Race and the guy who started the Everesting thingy.

https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-hidden-athlete
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Yeah they are a little 'in depth', but good for long journeys or days spent painting skirting board as I am today.
Ron Thomson

Post by Ron Thomson »

Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I've listened to quite a few of the Bikes or Death Podcasts and enjoyed them for the most part (particularly the one with Hal Russell). I struggled listening to Billy Rice though, I felt that he came across as very opinionated and a somewhat condescending towards Patrick at times. The whole channel is very much Muricanocentric which I suppose is understandable under the circumstances (American interviewer talking about American bikepacking). Nice to have one on your phone for those quiet moments.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I've liked the Path Less Pedaled podcast/vlog in the past though he's followed a progression from touring through to bikepacking but has now gone hipster gravel. The Explore episodes that the Cycling Podcast put out last year were interesting though they equated bikepacking with endurance racing (TCR, et al) - not surprising since their regular gig is professional road cycling.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Jurassic wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:33 pm The whole channel is very much Muricanocentric which I suppose is understandable under the circumstances (American interviewer talking about American bikepacking).
Yeah the bit where he thought French drivers drove on the left amused me.