Bb200 Waffle Thread.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Re: Bb200 Waffle Thread.

Post by Richard G »

Yeah, I'll be there with the missus. Maybe 7pm, hard to tell because of traffic.

Unrelated (or maybe related)... I've decided that we're going to chill in Barmouth around the Spar closing time for those poor bastages that don't quite make it in time. My "services" will be available to all, but I'll probably only be there until Midnight, at which point I'll be sensible and head back for some sleep.

I'd assume that anyone going sub 24 should safely make it there before closing. But obviously with the weather being potentially bad the night before, some of you might be going quite a bit slower than expected.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Richard G wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:46 pm Yeah, I'll be there with the missus. Maybe 7pm, hard to tell because of traffic.

Unrelated (or maybe related)... I've decided that we're going to chill in Barmouth around the Spar closing time for those poor bastages that don't quite make it in time. My "services" will be available to all, but I'll probably only be there until Midnight, at which point I'll be sensible and head back for some sleep.

I'd assume that anyone going sub 24 should safely make it there before closing. But obviously with the weather being potentially bad the night before, some of you might be going quite a bit slower than expected.
When you told Char that you were both going out for the night in Barmouth, I bet she though it would be like a typical Garcia night out, cool cocktail bar followed by boutique restaurant. Not that there is anything wrong with hanging outside the coop in the rain......
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

For photos what time would your estimate your Barmouth arrival times will be?
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

JohnClimber wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 pm For photos what time would your estimate your Barmouth arrival times will be?
4-11pm depending upon who it Is as it's 112km into the ride. I guess it depends upon how long buglyn takes. Keep an eye on the Spotwalla event page six people are on it.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

dlovett wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:41 pm
JohnClimber wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 pm For photos what time would your estimate your Barmouth arrival times will be?
4-11pm depending upon who it Is as it's 112km into the ride. I guess it depends upon how long buglyn takes. Keep an eye on the Spotwalla event page six people are on it.
Can people put links to your spot on this thread please?
And to that Spotwalla event page please Duncan?
Is there a page where everyone is on please?
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

JohnClimber wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:53 pm
Spotwalla.com go to forthcoming events, BB200 or https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=735

Live from Saturday when people turn on their spots. It should refresh every 60 seconds but most people's spots will be on 5 mixture or longer update schedules.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

dlovett wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 pm When you told Char that you were both going out for the night in Barmouth, I bet she though it would be like a typical Garcia night out, cool cocktail bar followed by boutique restaurant. Not that there is anything wrong with hanging outside the coop in the rain......
I'll be in the pub. She's driving. :lol:
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Do you take contactless Richard??
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

https://share.garmin.com/mapshare/david ... avidBirkin

Password is “kinkyboots”
All lowercase
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

@escape goat
Don't worry you're not the only BB200 newbie. I am too. (Though not to Stu's events). I too have a lot of the same apprehensions as you.

@john climber.
Great. It'll be nice to have some pictures. A fellow photography enthusiast here :ugeek:

I'm one of those 6 on the spotwalla page. Got myself a spot for this event and beyond. So let's hope I've configured everything correctly. It's definitely nice to see the group on a collective page.

Anyone know how long a spot typically lasts on 5 min and 10 min tracking intervals?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

MarkW wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:01 am Anyone know how long a spot typically lasts on 5 min and 10 min tracking intervals?
There's a handy table here

https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php ... &data=1611

On continously with lithium batteries and a clear view of the sky it should last 9 days with 5 min tracking and 17 days with 10 min tracking.

I've never tested this as I use rechargeable batteries so charge them up before each event.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Escape Goat wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:31 pm Do you take contactless Richard??
I'd find a way... :lol:
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Or I could swipe it?? :lol:
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Richard G wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:48 am
Escape Goat wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:31 pm Do you take contactless Richard??
I'd find a way... :lol:
You do realise that if the going is hard and people are behind schedule, you could make a small fortune selling snacks if the coop has closed! You could then take mrs G for a normal night out on the proceeds!
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Have you added you inreach to the spotwalla group page? It does work with an inreach as well as spot trackers if you want to join it.
Asposium wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 am

Password is “kinkyboots”
All lowercase
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

dlovett wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:59 am You do realise that if the going is hard and people are behind schedule, you could make a small fortune selling snacks if the coop has closed! You could then take mrs G for a normal night out on the proceeds!
I'll start pricing them up now. A fiver seems reasonable for a bag of peanuts right? :lol:
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

You pay £7.50 for a vodka redbull normally so in raining Wales at the Garcia General Stores £8 for just the red bull? Meat pies will fly out the door and something for the vegans I guess. You might make enough to pay for the room at the star!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Vegans? I can't be seen to be supporting that madness. :lol:
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

dlovett wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:01 am Have you added your inreach to the spotwalla group page? It does work with an inreach as well as spot trackers if you want to join it.

Password is “kinkyboots”
All lowercase
In theory
In practice we'll find out tomorrow. :lol:
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

If you turn it in and send a location it should show up now.

quote=Asposium post_id=196250 time=1570700243 user_id=4187]
dlovett wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:01 am Have you added your inreach to the spotwalla group page? It does work with an inreach as well as spot trackers if you want to join it.

Password is “kinkyboots”
All lowercase
In theory
In practice we'll find out tomorrow. :lol:
[/quote]
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Richard G wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:33 am Vegans? I can't be seen to be supporting that madness. :lol:
It’s all change these days mate!! The star now has one of these euro sauna things! I guess I will spend Friday afternoon in it trying to steam my cold away.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

MarkW wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:01 am @escape goat
Don't worry you're not the only BB200 newbie. I am too. (Though not to Stu's events). I too have a lot of the same apprehensions as you.

@john climber.
Great. It'll be nice to have some pictures. A fellow photography enthusiast here :ugeek:

I'm one of those 6 on the spotwalla page. Got myself a spot for this event and beyond. So let's hope I've configured everything correctly. It's definitely nice to see the group on a collective page.

Anyone know how long a spot typically lasts on 5 min and 10 min tracking intervals?

That's good to hear mate.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Hey local folk, is it really this bad currently?

ImageScreenshot 2019-10-10 at 18.47.51 by Duncan Lovett, on Flickr
Alexinthepeaks

Post by Alexinthepeaks »

oh god..... :cry:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's only been like that for the last week or so. :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way