Headset parts query.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mariner

Headset parts query.

Post by Mariner »

Never had to order a headset before so I have a couple of questions that others experience might be able to answer.
I am specifically looking at Cane Creek EC44 and ZS44 headset and not quite clear from their descriptions whether parts like the scuff washer that sits under the stem spacer and the top bearing cup or the fork crown thrust plate are included? I can see the Cane Creek thrust plate as a separate replaceable item but it is nothing like the CK thrust plate I had previously. Is there another part I need to sit between the fork and the bearing? The CK plate covered the top of the fork while the CC plate appears to sit under the bearing cup.
I think the bearing cups themselves are straightforward ZS44 and EC44. A cursory look appears to show a set style with no variations like internal or external seating.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
landel

Re: Headset parts query.

Post by landel »

I recently replaced the headset on a 2013 El Mariachi. I hadn't replaced a headset before so I just ordered the same as the spec sheet for the bike. It's a Cane Creek 40.ZS44 | EC44 Short Cover Complete Headset Tapered - ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40, it came with all the replacement parts. Here's the link:

https://www.bike24.com/p2130671.html