Genesis Longitude Sizing

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

penfold

Genesis Longitude Sizing

Post by penfold »

I'm looking at buying a new Longitude and at 168cm tall the Genesis website suggests Medium is the right size. Looking at the geometry chart I think Small may be better, particularly the stack, reach and standover measurements. A sales assistant in Evans thought similar.

Does anyone around my height (5'6" in old money) have any experience of the Longitude sizing?
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Genesis Longitude Sizing

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Haven't ridden a newer model but the older one I had on test was a medium and I'm 5'6". It fitted well with no mods required. Has the latest one altered?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

My medium is perfect at 175 cm

i imagine you are on the cusp so i guess is whether you prefer a medium or small
North west England if any use for a try
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

I'm 5'8" and have the small frame. I changed the stem and seat post for slightly longer reach (with a Jones loop fitted)and setback and it fits fine now. I think the small would do you fine.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Also worth remembering that everyone of the same height isn't the same proportions - long legs, short torso, vice versa or something else :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Same height, I have the 2018 version in small. Relaxed comfy (and quite upright) position for longer days in the saddle. If I wanted a more racy position (which I don't) I would put the spacers above the stem and maybe get one a little longer 10 or 20 mm. Bear in mind that the stem has zero rise ie can't be flipped, well it can but would make no difference!).

I bought mine without a test ride and the only thing I had to do was cut about 50 mm off the seat post as otherwise I couldn't get it low enough because of the kink in the seat tube! Obviously a short arse, I based my dcecision on small giving me enough standover, medium didn't.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

I'm 5,9 got a 2017 medium and fitted perfect straight out of the box I've got short legs and a long reach, had to swap the stem out for a 90 now I've put Jones bars on as I kept pushing my arse to the rear of the saddle
penfold

Post by penfold »

Thanks very much for the input fellas, it’s greatly appreciated.

I’m thinking I could probably make both fit but Small sounds like it will be most suitable, particularly the standover height. Do any of you have any pictures you could post?

@Lazarus whereabouts are you? I’m in South Manchester and work in Central Manchester.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

sent you a personal message