Thoughts: Alpkit Definition jacket

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Thoughts: Alpkit Definition jacket

Post by redefined_cycles »

https://outdoorsmagic.com/article/alpki ... b8BucZ2.97

Was fortunate enough today during our trip to Ambleside (YHA) to get chsnce to pop into see the nice people at Alpkit... Missus even (eventually after seeing my mouth water at all the goodies) bought me some specs (there's a yellow lens in there so HAPPY winter riding which will be feeling like summer) and after I plucked some bottles, the 2 bottles...

Anyway... I gave the waterproof jackets a go. Told em that I dont have any dosh at the mo (also that I have a Sonder Carbon but just stopped short of telling them I'm potentially their biggest fan :smile: ).

The Definition particularly took my fancy and felt like (what i imagine) the top end stormproof Arcteryx would feel like. Obviously in between trying it out (I can fit into a medium or a large it happens and have almost convinced the missus that if I lost some weight she might chip in) I gave the Columbia Outdry a go at Gaynors up the road. The Columbia only available in the medium but I could feel I'd not grt on with the cut/form. So back I came to Alpkit to give the Definition another go. This was the time with the missus as first time round I'd secretly come window shopping...

Anyway, sorry for the somewhat of a eulogy... Before I save a bit more and order it, I thought to get anyones thoughts on it, from you outdoor pros. It really does feel like a little mini-eco system when its on and its got pit zips :-bd

They gave me a little heads up that there should be a sale coming up (as they do :wink: ) later Sept which means I might have it just in time for... :smile: